Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did I quilt enough? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-i-quilt-enough-t208436.html)

huntersgrammie 12-16-2012 06:28 AM

ok i'll bite is echo stiching just copying the stich she put around the mug. that is a guess but it makes sense to me but what do i know. lol

SharonCase 12-16-2012 06:36 AM

Last night we (my daughter & I) finished up her quilt gift for a friend...for the second time. She finished it last Saturday and ran it thru the wash. The batting blew up. Now let me tell you, you do not want to take a quilt apart. It isn't fun. I think she had not quilted enough.

damaquilts 12-16-2012 06:38 AM

I love the quilt It is bright and cheery and COFFEE !!! . Mine says up to 4 inches so I had to quilt more. Believe me I didn't want to.

margecam52 12-16-2012 09:05 AM

Yes...you did a SID (stitch in the ditch) and echoed the cups...that's enough. Love the quilt & the colors...I'm a scrappy quilter...and this works for me!

Originally Posted by Zyngawf (Post 5720084)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]382147[/ATTACH]

Be kind. This is my first one. I know the result is a little bit dorky, but I like it. Had never machine quilted anything before and I don't know how to post pictures. I made a king sized quilt the first time which wasn't a good idea and didn't learn about battings and things like I should have first. My question is this. These are 10 inch blocks. I think I used the batting that is 2 to 4 inches to quilt. If there is SID around each block and FMQ around each applique is that enough quilting. If it isn't can you please give me some suggestions. I afraid to wash this. Thank you.

Zyngawf 12-16-2012 09:21 AM

I finished it up yesterday. Not only it is quilted more, but it looks a lot better and it actually got rid of the dorkiness. I looks more quilty I guess.

margie77072 12-16-2012 10:43 AM

I'd do more of the "echo" or straight stitches in lines that radiate from your first echo. It'll look kinda like a star burst. JMHO.

sewdamncute 12-16-2012 03:51 PM

That is one adorable quilt...I think it needs a bit more quilting, it doesn't need to be a lot, msybr just 3/4 of an inch from the block seams...sort of a large echo that would also frame the blocks....

mmac71 12-16-2012 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Zyngawf (Post 5723597)
I finished it up yesterday. Not only it is quilted more, but it looks a lot better and it actually got rid of the dorkiness. I looks more quilty I guess.

I am happy you got it finished...I have spent hours looking for the McCall pattern..Have had no luck..Do you have a pattern number?

LOVE your quilt..Need to show us the finished product.......

JuanitaBean 12-16-2012 10:27 PM

Love your coffee cup quilt. Great first quilt,good job. I would quilt more.

Zyngawf 12-16-2012 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by mmac71 (Post 5724442)
I am happy you got it finished...I have spent hours looking for the McCall pattern..Have had no luck..Do you have a pattern number?

LOVE your quilt..Need to show us the finished product.......

McCalls 6132