Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did you know you were quilting with me last night? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-you-know-you-were-quilting-me-last-night-t83212.html)

QuiltnCowgirl 12-16-2010 09:42 AM

Did you know you were quilting with me last night? Yes - all of you. I was working on my current project last night & with it being the first quilt that I am binding, rather than sewing envelope style, I had lots of questions & some problems.

First problem I encountered was that I discovered I did not have enough fabric for my backing. So, I rushed over to the computer, did a search here for pieced backings, got some great ideas from you, and pieced my backing to my liking.

Then, I found that the piece of Warm & Natural batting I had was not wide enough. (are you seeing a common theme here? Note to self: buy extra!) No problem, searched again, found out how you have pieced backing together, followed your instructions & my batting was perfect.

Then, ready to start sandwiching my quilt top, batting, and backing, I searched again, made note of your tips and techniques, and armed with my can of Basting Spray (my new best friend!), I basted my quilt together! Easy peasy! What was I so afraid of?

Tonight I will be doing the quilt stitching & binding, so stop on by if you would like to quilt with me again. Hopefully I will have some pictures posted on Friday.

So, thank you for being there with me last night. Oh, and in case you didn't realize it, you pulled an all nighter. We were so into quilting that we didn't go to bed until 4am!

cosyquilter 12-16-2010 09:45 AM

Been there, done that! Can hardly wait for the pics!

erstan947 12-16-2010 09:46 AM

I missed all that by going to bed early. I did get up at 2:30 and have been here ever since. Glad you had a good night of quilting.:)

sewgull 12-16-2010 09:47 AM

I had tons of fun quilting with you last night.
Let me know when we start tonight.

stewyscrewy 12-16-2010 09:48 AM

I am glad we could be of great service to you and quilters. It is our pleasure to do so. Cant wait to see the finished project.

amandasgramma 12-16-2010 09:54 AM

Yes, I've quilted with so many on this board! The information is invaluable!!!

Raggiemom 12-16-2010 09:56 AM

No wonder I'm so tired today!

MaRanda 12-16-2010 09:59 AM

It felt so good knowing that I had someone else quilting with me last night!! It was fun! Not sure I can make it today but I will try!

vintagemotif 12-16-2010 10:02 AM

I do that too. I have followed a tutorial for the Hunter Star, learned how to attach binding using the glue and iron method (which I love to use now), was inspired by an I Spy quilt, and I now have a long list of to do quilts.
I love this site.

stichinluvr 12-16-2010 10:03 AM

Isn't it just great having so many friends to quilt with and ask questions. This is the Best place to be!