Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Digital magazines or books (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/digital-magazines-books-t212447.html)

Geri B 02-01-2013 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 5825864)
I don't download and read books as I ONLY listen to books in audio format
on my iPod (classic).

But I love magazines in digital format.

Although I getting HIGHLY upset with McCall's Quick Quilts digital. I purchased
a subscription in Dec. and I still can not access it. I have sent 3 emails about
this issue and have not received a response to any of them. Tomorrow I call
and they WON'T like me after I get done.

I am hoping the 2 NEW magazines that came out recently will become available
in digital format. They are "Quilt-it...Today" and "Sew-it...Today" these magazines
are ONLY $3.99 newsstand price each. MUCH cheaper than any of the other mags
in print. But you can get a subscription for about $13.00 (give or take). It is chock
full of good stuff also.

I just bought the mag Quilt-It, love the price-3.99and it has great stuff inside. I am going to subscribe to it--hard copy

pinkcastle 02-01-2013 07:00 AM

I subscribe to the digital version of QuiltMaker. I did this because I don't have room for the print versions. So far this works for me. I do make sure that I save each issue to my hard drive. I don't know that I will resubscribe, but that has more to do with all of the junk mail that comes along with it - email and paper. Plus I already have so many projects lined up I don't need any more ideas right now!

bibi 02-01-2013 08:39 AM

"My FAVORITE magazine is Quilter's World for 2 main reasons.
First because I get the digital version about 1-3 weeks before
my print copy arrives.
Second because with QW you can download and save to your
computer ALL copies of the magazine including all the archive
issues. "

I totally agree with this sentiment.

meldmac 02-01-2013 09:42 AM

I subscribed to quilters world but it didn't give me the archived ones, is this because I'm in Canada I wonder.

labtechkty 02-01-2013 02:12 PM

I download mine as well and really love it especially when I'm traveling...I still like my hard copies though...I have an Ipad and have no problem reading them..

piecNpat 02-01-2013 07:42 PM

I like touching the pages of an actual quilting magazine...kinda like touching fabric. Love other things digital, tho.

nancia 02-01-2013 11:11 PM

i have a combination of e- and hard copy. i have a file associated with my e-mail and that's where i put my e-copies. i can draw up my e-mail and start reading the mag in seconds(?). i do have to upload (or is it download?) them to my i-pad and then they are portable. my 18 mon old dgd has my nook so she can watch elmo and sing songs when they are in the car, or even waiting in line. surprisingly, she not only knows how to find her videos, she is very careful with it. i'm waiting for them to get her a used one, but right now i'm giving them netflix, too.
i was a bookseller for many years and i love books, but physically i can't always read them. the ipad lets me get as close up as i want, and that is a real benefit. i've even used it to see other people's avatars when i can't figure them out (usually an animal) or if it's a quilt i get more detail. there is room in the world for both types of communication. i hope we will always have hard cover books:thumbup: and printed magazines.

EdithV 02-06-2013 02:18 AM

I love to browse through my electronic books on my iPad. In fact, I posted just moments ago about it on my blog. :)

Sand 02-06-2013 04:06 AM

I just purchased Quilters World for my I-Pad. When I opened it it looks the size of a cell phone screen and won't let me make it larger. Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas how to enlarge? Is this the normal size?

joyce888 02-06-2013 04:45 AM

I guess I'm still old school, I like the printed magazines. I like to put the mag with the project and know at a glance what I'm gathering the fabric for or have the mag on my cutting table. I even print the block instructions when I get a pattern off the Internet.