Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Dirty Little Secrets........... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dirty-little-secrets-t152575.html)

Patti Mahoney 09-13-2011 03:36 AM

I came here to the QB thinking I was going to gain a wealth of knowledge about quilting and everything that goes along with it....Wow! Am I surprised...I've have read, alot, but I'm sure, not all, of the dirty little secrets that quilters have in order to finish a quilt and have it look fantastic. When I started quilting, which was just recently, I looked at the quilts on just about every website I could find and saw how beautiful the quilts were that other people made, I said to myseld, "Self, this is something I think you can do." Sooo, off to the fabric store I went. I signed up for a class, I bought fabric (the good stuff), I bought supplies (the name brand, good ones), I practice daily, for hours at a time. And NOW, well, heck, I'm learning that I really didn't need to go to all that expense. There are secrets out there for just about every little cotton pickin' problem a quilter can have. Holy Moly, where are the quilt police when you need them???? Now, I'm not complaining because secretly, between you and me, I've written down every one of those little dirty secrets I can find...just in case, one day, I might need to use a secret or two. Ladies and Gents, right about now, I'm ROLF. You people are a hoot. I love the QB! You ladies and gents out there, you keep up the good work because my notebook is always open. If you have any more of those dirty little secrets, like hiding an imperfection, or painting your over lapping stitches with fabric markers or changing a stitch pattern to cover up a stitch line gone wrong, you just keep them coming. If you want to add some of them right here after this post, please, feel free to do so. I love it here and I love quilting! ! !

Sunnie 09-13-2011 03:46 AM

Patti, you are too funny. But you are right about those dirty little secrets. I have learned so much just reading this board. Sunnie

hobbykat1955 09-13-2011 04:03 AM

"SECRETS" Quilters have "SECRETS"?

Patti Mahoney 09-13-2011 04:06 AM

LOLOLOL..I love this place! ! !

cjomomma 09-13-2011 04:40 AM

I love it! I love everything you said! Now remember not to let those dirty little secrets out to non quilters, they don't need to know what we do to make our quilts look good. The quilt police are there just to make themselves feel good because their work is lacking and they don't have our secrets.
LMAO! Now go hide that list!

traumaRN 09-13-2011 05:05 AM

Dirty little secrets????? And here I just thought I was being inventive. :thumbup:

amyjo 09-13-2011 05:20 AM

me too!! this board is a hoot. there are lots of things I have learned just by reading the posts. I bookmark the "Dirty little Secrets" I want to remember.

Maggiesmom 09-13-2011 05:21 AM

Funny. I love this board.

Buckeye Rose 09-13-2011 05:22 AM

I was telling my DD about using a glue stick when doing bindings and she just looked at me with the "deer in the headlights" eyes. Had to tell her that I do whatever it takes to make things happen easier and faster. We both laughed and now she knows on of my secrets. I am hoping to be able to pass on many of my secrets about quilting soon. She has just decided that she wants to learn and I am thrilled.

blueangel 09-13-2011 05:48 AM

Love it.