Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do You "Name" Your Quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-%22name%22-your-quilt-t54765.html)

Bottle Blonde 07-16-2010 08:07 AM

I sure do. Sometimes it's just a name I use to associate which quilt is which - like "The Otter Quilt" or "Ugly Gold and Brown Quilt" When I'm trying to be serious about naming a quilt I think about it forever - it can be like trying to name a child! lol

Patti 07-16-2010 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Most of mine have similar names: "Finally Finished" - "Pain in the tuches" - "Relieved it's done" etc. lol

MadQuilter got me thinking.....maybe some names just aren't printable!!! #@&*$ Quilt!!!!

pab58 07-16-2010 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Patti

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Most of mine have similar names: "Finally Finished" - "Pain in the tuches" - "Relieved it's done" etc. lol

MadQuilter got me thinking.....maybe some names just aren't printable!!! #@&*$ Quilt!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Love it!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I have probably only named one quilt. It was for my ex-husband's cousin's daughter (:wink: boy, that's wordy, huh?) who was graduating from high school. Their theme was the title of a Dr. Seuss book, Oh the Places You'll Go. I made her an autograph quilt and titled it using a line from the book, "Oh, the people you'll meet." I included a couple of Pigma pens so her friends and family could autograph the quilt during her open house. I told her to also have her new college friends autograph it, too. She loved her gift. I have a pic of it somewhere around here. If I can find it, I'll post it. 8-) :wink:

CAROLJ 07-16-2010 08:34 AM

If mine were as gorgeous as the ones I've seen you make, I'd name them. Otherwise no. It never occured me to name them until I joined this site.

MegsAnn 07-16-2010 09:23 AM

Yup, I name 'em all. Even the tiny doll quilt ones. Not the bags, though. I can't seem to write up a label unless the quilt has a title to put on it.

Scissor Queen 07-16-2010 10:07 AM

I started naming mine by about the 5th or 6th one. The early ones didn't get labels either.

pollyjvan9 07-16-2010 10:16 AM

I name most of my quilts while I am making them. Either what has prompted me to make the quilt for the person I am making it for or the occasion. Some I don't name until I give them away.

mytwopals 07-16-2010 12:12 PM

I name all of mine. Of course, there have only been 3 completed, so far. The one in my avatar is called "Night Music". There are musical notes and clefs quilted into it.

gingerella 07-16-2010 12:21 PM

Sometimes I do. I recently finished a top made of green stars, and named it "Oh My Green Stars". I have made one I named "Australia Remembered" because the colors in it remind me of Australia, where we used to live.

I named one "Red Beans and Rice" - it's colors are reddish brown, red and white, and I threw in a bit of yellow. Not much yellow, just enough to consider it a taste of "corn". Another I made for my nephew who lives in Alaska "Alaskan Nights" - it was made in various shades of blue and a touch of reddish, greeny, and yellowish "aurora" bits.

It's kind of fun to name them. My sister made one of red and orange and pink with black sashings and called it "Road Rage".

Patti 07-16-2010 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by gingerella
Sometimes I do. I recently finished a top made of green stars, and named it "Oh My Green Stars". I have made one I named "Australia Remembered" because the colors in it remind me of Australia, where we used to live.

I named one "Red Beans and Rice" - it's colors are reddish brown, red and white, and I threw in a bit of yellow. Not much yellow, just enough to consider it a taste of "corn". Another I made for my nephew who lives in Alaska "Alaskan Nights" - it was made in various shades of blue and a touch of reddish, greeny, and yellowish "aurora" bits.

It's kind of fun to name them. My sister made one of red and orange and pink with black sashings and called it "Road Rage".

Very creative names!!!