Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you actually USE your scraps?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-actually-use-your-scraps-t27818.html)

Ms Grace 10-28-2009 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
This quilt is made from the scrap bin. So the answer is "Yes"

:shock: WOW! That's beautiful!! :D
What pattern did you use?

quiltluvr 10-28-2009 11:27 AM

I *live* for scraps! Like was mentioned, I buy scraps. In fact, a scrap bin is the first place I look for in a quilt shop. Sadly, only two here have them. Only occassionally have I hit the jackpot with those, but I still look when I get to them.

I've bought from online too. Again it's hit or miss. I'm always, always looking, so if anyone feels there's are getting out of hand I'm more than willing to make a deal with ya'!

ScrapQuilter 10-28-2009 11:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Scraps did someone say scraps..........
Scrap quilts are my all time favorite quilts to do.
I have done several.........
If there is anyone out there who doesn't want their scraps....... I will gladly take them.
Here are a couple of scrap quilts I have done.

Thus the name Scrap Quilter

Shadow Dancer 10-28-2009 11:32 AM

I use mine. I do scrappy quilts with them when it's time to do some serious scrap busting. I look at them as free quilts, it just takes a little time to get them organized and cut to what you need. :)

Working on one right now from the scrap bin and I'll have a queen size quilt when I'm done without having to spend any additional money. :)

STAR 10-28-2009 11:53 AM

Yes I have do. when I get a little time I will pull scraps out of the pile, just a few, that are a similiar length and sew them together to start making rows. I thought about pre cutting to various shapes but that would just be more work! for some people this works and is a great time saver in the future if pieces are needed quick but I am notto that point yet. one of my doll quilts was scraps that I had been hand sewing together. I guess it just depends on how far you want to go with them. I just keep sewing them together. Good luck , hope this helps. :D

Ms Grace 10-28-2009 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by scrap quilter
If there is anyone out there who doesn't want their scraps....... I will gladly take them.

Your quilts are beautiful! :-)

Bill'sBonBon 10-28-2009 12:24 PM

Oh yes I do use mine. I love the crazy or crumb quilt look , and look at the other posts before me the Beautiful quilts made with scraps. Gonna get on mine this Winter for next Christmas. My Girls are getting scrappy quilts.
BillsBonBon

Bill'sBonBon 10-28-2009 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by scrap quilter

I do love those quilts Beautiful Scrap Quilter
BillsBonBon

quiltwoman 10-28-2009 12:26 PM

Applique, applique, applique! I try to cut some useable squares first but I save ALL of it. :lol: Yes, it's an addiction.

Bill'sBonBon 10-28-2009 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
This quilt is made from the scrap bin. So the answer is "Yes"

Spectaculare MadQuilter,Thank you for the pattern idea. Love it.
BillsBonBon