Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you 'Drink' and Sew? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-drink-sew-t46854.html)

Lizzydripping 05-25-2010 11:28 PM

You are all so good having drinks in the sewing room. If I take one in, and it's NEVER on the sewing table, I get so engrossed, forget to drink it and it gets cold - ugh!

BTW Years ago, I had a pot plant on the other side of the table when I was making some curtains. Racing along so fast with the machine vibrating a treat and the plant edged itself along the table and onto the floor. I learnt my lesson the hard way! LOL

zz-pd 05-26-2010 01:57 AM

Never tried it. God bless. Penny

Quilt4u 05-26-2010 02:28 AM

Water!!!!

betlinsmom 05-26-2010 03:56 AM

I always have somethimg available to drink...never alcoholic, just some thing to keep wetting my whistle!

sapdoggie 05-26-2010 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
Hot tea in the morning, in the winter hot tea in the evening as well. Water the rest of the time. To many of my family members are addicted to the hard stuff. I chose not to drink.

Great choice :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Gerbie 05-26-2010 06:09 AM

I am a TEA -a - holic. I drink hot tea or iced tea year around, so I always have a cup or a glass near by but not on my sewing table unless it is in my giant mug with a screw on lid and a pop up for the drinking hole, then I keep it on the side away from all the fabric. Mine is also not the watered down stuff. I seldom drink anything else except water.

sylvia77 05-26-2010 11:09 AM

I always have either a cold glass of tea or coke.

littleone 05-26-2010 11:14 AM

Always have to have water and sometimes a pot of tea, its' cozy is usually some yardage of material wrapped around the pot. All snacks and beverages are kept on the table on the other side of my room divider. No chance for oh no's.

grammypatty7 05-26-2010 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
We all know we MUST NOT "Drink and Drive"...

but do you "Drink and Sew"?

(I can't! :x )

No way. No food or drink allowed anywhere near my sewing machine or my computer. It's wise to take periodic short breaks from both so when I need a drink, I leave the room and take a break and relax and drink and/or have a quick snack and then back at it.

quilterguy27 05-26-2010 12:50 PM

I've only read the first page of this thread and it sounds like you all are tea totalers. Nothing wrong with that, but I drink when I quilt and sew. Usually a glass of wine or something with vodka. Makes me relax and not so tense. Hope I'm not the only one, lol. I will keep reading. Haven't had an accident yet, but believe me, I AM CAREFUL! Can't afford an accident.

OK, just finished reading the whole thread. I must clarify alcoholic beverages isn't all I drink. I keep bottled water at hand always and sometimes coffee. NO ALCOHOL when using the rotary cutter. Music and a fun beverage always makes quilting more fun for me. So far, so good. No accidents yet and lets hope it stays that way! LOL!!