Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you 'Drink' and Sew? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-drink-sew-t46854.html)

Ilovemydogs 05-27-2010 02:35 PM

Usually water or iced tea. On a chair next to the machine! :-)

dkabasketlady 05-28-2010 09:05 AM

I always have something to drink (not the alcoholic kind, too many meds, can't mix with liquor) next to me! Usually a glass of water or Coke(if I need the extra caffeine boost). The one time I did spill something luckily it was water, so I've been VERY careful since then.

Nanjun 05-31-2010 11:57 AM

I keep a bottle of water near my machine

New Kris 05-31-2010 02:49 PM

Ok I admit to an ocassional glass of wine. I usually spend three hour s trying to see if my fabric ideas work. So wine and color don't always work. But I never cut. So glad to just lust over my fabric!

Quilter a-go-go 06-01-2010 04:08 PM

Yep! water only - except when things are "ripping" along - then stronger stuff is required - away from the machine of cours, WAAAY AWAY!

quilterguy27 06-01-2010 04:14 PM

Hmmmm, am I the only snockered quilter on here???? LOL, just kidding. Although it sounds like I win by a landslide as for the amount consumed in the sewing room. Yes, I have the ocassional glass of wine and on more than a few occasions I've been known to sew with a Cape Cod or a Skrewdriver, but my ultimate favorite is a dirty Martini, mmmmmm! No drinking and cutting! That's a real NO-NO. Gosh, I make it sound like . . . You can come to your own conclusions. Let's just say I'm a happy quilter, OK?

dar627742 06-02-2010 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
I've only read the first page of this thread and it sounds like you all are tea totalers. Nothing wrong with that, but I drink when I quilt and sew. Usually a glass of wine or something with vodka. Makes me relax and not so tense. Hope I'm not the only one, lol. I will keep reading. Haven't had an accident yet, but believe me, I AM CAREFUL! Can't afford an accident.

OK, just finished reading the whole thread. I must clarify alcoholic beverages isn't all I drink. I keep bottled water at hand always and sometimes coffee. NO ALCOHOL when using the rotary cutter. Music and a fun beverage always makes quilting more fun for me. So far, so good. No accidents yet and lets hope it stays that way! LOL!!

WOW!!! didn't think i'd EVER find a drinker on this board[besides me !!]always fix an insulated large glass of vodka & chrystal lite [diet,you know] when i go in to sew.{NOT CUT !!!}

quilterguy27 06-02-2010 10:47 AM

OK, kindred spirits here. LOL! Pun intended![quote=dar627742]

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
quote]

WOW!!! didn't think i'd EVER find a drinker on this board[besides me !!]always fix an insulated large glass of vodka & chrystal lite [diet,you know] when i go in to sew.{NOT CUT !!!}

Quilter a-go-go 06-03-2010 06:51 AM

my mother always said that you can always trust an "old fashioned gentleman", but you have to watch out for those martini drinkers!
quilter-a-go-go

quilterguy27 06-03-2010 07:05 AM

'cause we're all stumbling around trying to stay on our feet, lol

Originally Posted by Quilter a-go-go
my mother always said that you can always trust an "old fashioned gentleman", but you have to watch out for those martini drinkers!
quilter-a-go-go