Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you Facebook..why or why not? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-facebook-why-why-not-t107161.html)

Mellina 03-12-2011 04:49 PM

I have an account. It is the only way I can find out how distance family members are doing. I am careful about what I post and I keep my info well hidden.

Diana Lynne 03-12-2011 04:54 PM

I do facebook but mainly its just to stay in touch with family members that do not live close to me..That I love to play some of the games that are on it..

Scissor Queen 03-12-2011 04:55 PM

I have FB and a twitter account. I have FB to keep up with my granddaughter, and my cousins and their kids and my husband's niece, nephew and their kids. If I didn't have FB I wouldn't hear from them nearly as often. I don't use the twitter much at all though.

goldsberry921 03-12-2011 04:58 PM

I don't do FB because my son passed away in 2009 and some of his paternal relatives were stealing pictures of my son so I decided to do away with FB and MySpace. Plus in my humble opinion it's just an accident waiting to happen. I still like my email/phone call/text way of communication. I too, spend lots of time on the Quilt forum, so I am where I need to be! :)!!

Kuusistoquilter 03-12-2011 04:59 PM

I have an account on FB. It is how I know what is happening with my kids, grandkids, neices and nephews since we are spread all over the country. It's an easy way to share pictures. I don't post much, but I check every couple of days to see what is happening.

slstitcher 03-12-2011 05:04 PM

I am on FB. I do it to see pics of the grandkids. I very rearely post anything though. I usually only look at it every week or so. I don't think these young kids know what privacy is the way they post everything they are doing and show pics of a lot of it.

Tilladare 03-12-2011 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Melody
And I thought I was the only one who does not want to FB!! Apparently I am not alone after all... thank you QB friends. My family tries to put the guilt trip on me for refusing to sign up. I keep telling them it is the modern day version of hanging clothes on the clothes and then gossiping over the backyard fence. I think it's a waste of my time and non productive. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
:mrgreen:

My response to them would be "No... if that were true, my laundry would be done"

Stitchnripper 03-12-2011 05:29 PM

I use Facebook on my phone. I don't normally check it at the computer. I am curious as to what is the difference between FB having your name, and some of the businesses, email providers, banks, etc. I don't think anyone should do it if it makes them uncomfortable. I am not Facebook friends with my grown children - but we are in close contact by phone/email/visit. I do get to keep in touch with some far away people and this does not preclude email, phone, etc. Just an addition.

Dolphyngyrl 03-12-2011 05:32 PM

I have it to communicate with family, and college friends that are out of state, thats all, but you do have to be careful what you say and post on there

Laura22 03-12-2011 05:39 PM

I love it, lots of family who live far away on there and it's a great way to keep up with a large family and friends in other states.