Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you have a favorite "go to" pattern you use over and over? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-have-favorite-go-pattern-you-use-over-over-t249951.html)

Quiltaddict 07-11-2014 11:16 PM

Lucky stars is a great pattern that I have used several times. I also like the BQ patterns, Falling Charms, Midnight Snack, and of course, Warm Wishes.

ArtsyOne 07-12-2014 03:01 AM

I use a different pattern for every quilt I make, but today I'm starting my second Bento Box because I enjoyed making and arranging the blocks so much that I ended up with enough for another quilt.

Edie 07-12-2014 03:31 AM

I like Floating Stars and Log Cabin. I also like Card Trick, Bear Tracks, Oh heck, I love 'em all! Pinwheel, I guess that is why I love to do samplers! Some new block in every quilt I make just to keep in the loop! Edie

Wanabee Quiltin 07-12-2014 05:54 AM

I am totally in love with the Shoo Fly pattern. Can be made fancy with a small 9 patch in the center or with a twister. Just love everything about it. I do make many other patterns though.

Tudey 07-12-2014 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Juliebelle (Post 6796360)
My favorite go to is Lucky Stars, it always works up fast and depending on the fabric can be made for a baby or more upscale for an adult.

Mine too! I made about 10 or 12 of them several years ago for baptism quilts at church and baby quilts for friends. Then I burned out on Luck Stars for a while. Generally, when I find a pattern I like, I will make at least two of theat pattern to kind of "cement" it in my brain.

EmiliasNana 07-12-2014 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by citruscountyquilter (Post 6796407)
I have never done the same thing twice. I always try to learn something new with each quilt I make so make something different. I also get easily bored doing the same thing over and over. I really like sampler quilts for that reason but also do other type quilts.

Same thing here.

pokeygirl 07-12-2014 06:38 AM

Boy, I guess I'm really boring. I have made 5 jelly roll race quilts. Love them. So easy. :D

Snooze2978 07-12-2014 06:41 AM

I try not to make the same quilt pattern twice but I seem to be drawn to Quiltville's Pineapple Blossom which I've made 2 so far. Since watching how others make up this pattern I just decided to try my hand at yet another one using the creams for the background with browns, golds and maybe a little purple for accent. Someone just finished one in creams and reds and it looks outstanding.

AZ Jane 07-12-2014 06:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure if it my go-to but I do love the 9 patch/snow ball, in flannel for 2 of my older relatives (80's)! Brown and aqua for my uncle, white and aqua for my aunt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]482685[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]482686[/ATTACH]

Shirlrh 07-12-2014 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Juliebelle (Post 6796360)
My favorite go to is Lucky Stars, it always works up fast and depending on the fabric can be made for a baby or more upscale for an adult.

Can someone tell me where to find the Lucky Stars pattern? Do you have a picture of your quilt? Thanks!