Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you have quilting friends like this? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-have-quilting-friends-like-t205926.html)

Nonna Judi 11-17-2012 06:36 PM

When I lived back east I had wonderful quilting buddies just like that. We sewed together all the time. Now that I live in Denver I have no one to sew with. I miss my friends dearly. You are blessed!

Silver Needle 11-17-2012 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 5655423)
My quilting buddy used to live next door. She passed away a year ago though. It was so fun to sit and chat about our quilting projects share patterns and plan shopping trips together. Boy do I ever miss that!

Oh well, that was a total miracle to have a buddy next door! I thank god for her still.

I have thought about joining a guild, but, the weather or my health doesn't always allow me to go anyways.

Most guilds would be happy to have you come and join them in fellowship whenever you were able. Don't let a lack of perfect attendance keep you from looking for one to join.

Mcflower 11-18-2012 08:51 PM

RedGarnet222 and davis2se, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's really hard losing a friend....true ones are so few and far between. May God Bless

4EVERquilt 11-18-2012 09:38 PM

I am blessed too for having a great circle of quilting buddies, we take turns going to each other's houses and then on Thursdays we meet at a church. Awesome to have this in my life.

Damsel in DisDress 11-18-2012 09:46 PM

No! I to am flying solo! Wish I had friends like that!

RedGarnet222 11-19-2012 02:32 AM

I am so touched by the sweet responces about my post, girls. Thank you so much! I really should try and get out there once in a while and mingle. I have a class I signed up for the first week of december at the Truckee Meadows daytime group guild leader's home. I really like her. So fun. But, she lives way on up the mountain on the other side of town.

I am so very grateful for this board and the members. I get to talk quilting anytime I wish day or night. LOL...

My quilting buddy kitty (that was her name) was a one of a kind and a true gift while she was here. I think of her daily.

clsurz 11-19-2012 05:21 AM

We have a Wednesday group in a neighboring town where we bring a dish and our sewing projects and spend the day.

Normabeth 11-19-2012 10:06 AM

Fortunately, I do have good friends, but they are all retired and I still work. I miss out on a lot. A few more years to go till retirement. I can't wait!!!!

soccertxi 11-26-2012 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by cowgirlquilter (Post 5659203)
Wow.....this is neat. I do not have any friends here at all, much less someone that quilts. It is pretty lonely for me. My bestest friend, my hubby is wonderful, but I would love to find friends......

Cowgirl I wish I had known you were there! My family vacationed in Napa last summer. I could have done with an afternoon away! lol I even had show and tell..I was working on a binding!