Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you have quilting friends like this? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-have-quilting-friends-like-t205926.html)

BellaBoo 11-13-2012 07:17 PM

Do you have quilting friends like this?

A quilt buddy called and said "Hey, I talked to Cathy and she was making a pot of chili. I said why not bring it over to my house tomorrow and we can have a sew day. She said let's ask Karen and Betty to come too. I said let's call Bellaboo, oh I forgot she's babysitting her grandson, let's go to her house. So we will be there at 10 am with food. See you tomorrow".

LOL! I love my friends. :)

alisonquilts 11-13-2012 07:23 PM

Envious over here! My bestest quilt buddy moved very far away, so we can only quilt together virtually.

Alison

JudyTheSewer 11-13-2012 08:03 PM

Nope, I have no quilting friends. Your life sounds wonderful! Enjoy tomorrow.

chairjogger 11-13-2012 08:07 PM

Envy...I am finding if not for this board...most often quilting is a lonely hobby/sport..time passer. Enjoy every min.of your day and bless your hearts that a little one does not stop your visiting !

NanaCsews2 11-13-2012 08:18 PM

I cannot should JEALOUS loud enough! Envious, the whole shebang. No family or friends quilt but someday I hope to be a part of a group or guild or circle. Not there yet, still finding my way around what I can and cannot do. Enjoying the quiet right now.

RedGarnet222 11-13-2012 08:53 PM

My quilting buddy used to live next door. She passed away a year ago though. It was so fun to sit and chat about our quilting projects share patterns and plan shopping trips together. Boy do I ever miss that!

Oh well, that was a total miracle to have a buddy next door! I thank god for her still.

I have thought about joining a guild, but, the weather or my health doesn't always allow me to go anyways.

GreatStarter 11-13-2012 09:03 PM

That is wonderful, how very fortune you all are. Have a wonderful time!

Kat

moosie 11-13-2012 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5655282)
A quilt buddy called and said "Hey, I talked to Cathy and she was making a pot of chili. I said why not bring it over to my house tomorrow and we can have a sew day. She said let's ask Karen and Betty to come too. I said let's call Bellaboo, oh I forgot she's babysitting her grandson, let's go to her house. So we will be there at 10 am with food. See you tomorrow".

LOL! I love my friends. :)

I am green! You are very blessed to be so loved.

Jackie Spencer 11-14-2012 05:46 AM

I love my quilting friends! We meet at the library the first Sat. of every month, 9 to 4. We have a pitch in and sew all day. We are all making the same quilt, but each has her own color way. We all do the same block every time. when the blocks are all made, we set them together how ever we want, then bring them back for Show and Tell. Then we all decide on the next pattern we want to make. We have been doing this for about 4 years now. If the Library tells us we can not use our room because of something else going on that day, we plan a road trip, to quilt shops. The last time we went to Waynesville Ohio to The Fabric shack. Great shop. I am 64 and live alone, don't know what I would do without my quilting friends!!

davis2se 11-14-2012 06:08 AM

Oh - I am so envious, and so sad. My long, long time quilting best friend forever passed away from pancreatic cancer in late November. She was only 54 years old, and was the most awesome woman. I miss her every day, and will miss her even more when I return to FL, where we both lived for over 20 years. RIP Brenda, and I will be finishing the Christmas quilts for your kids/grandkids for next year.