Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you have quilting friends like this? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-have-quilting-friends-like-t205926.html)

lillybeck 11-15-2012 05:38 AM

I would love to have quilting buddies like this. I have all but begged my sister to quilt with me. she made one quilt but had our neighbor to teach her.

Scraplady 11-15-2012 06:22 AM

We should all be so lucky! I have a great quilty friend who lives right up the street from me. Since I "retired" a few weeks ago, we have gotten together nearly every week. We have yet to actually do any sewing or quilting together, but we do inspire each other. We are very different in many ways, but we challenge one another. Even our approach to quilting is different, but we get along. And she's about the only one who really understands my obsession! Once the holidays are past we have to have a quilt-along at my house. Anybody live in Birmingham?

sguillot 11-15-2012 06:24 AM

I don't have a quilting buddy to quilt at home but my LQS has Judy Niemeyer Wednesday every 4th Wed. of the month and I go there. If you are enrolled in a class it's free for the afternoon, if you have taken a class and want to go work on it then it's $10.00, the instructor is there from 1:00 to 7:00 on that day. I did take a class and went a couple of times but with the holidays coming and other problems havn't gotten to go in a couple of months but I will go back after the holidays. I really loved it, everyone was so nice and had such a great time. I would love to have a buddy to call and do that vey thing unfortunately I don't.

LenaBeena 11-15-2012 07:03 AM

Besides my church quilting friends who meet monthly, and my retreat quilting friends who meet for a weekend every summer, and my long-distance (other states) quilting friends who share by phone and email, I have a get together group. All our husbands are interested in model railroads so when they gather at each others houses, so do we. We help with quilts, or bring any other sewing or needlework projects we have. They recently help me cut out a costume for the Nutcracker Ballet.
And of course we talk and eat and laugh!

JANICE E. 11-15-2012 07:17 AM

My quilt friends are 2hrs away & 10 Hrs away. I'm jealous. Have a wonderful day

ScrappyAZ 11-15-2012 07:35 AM

I have a group of friends who get together once a month to quilt. I'm the newbie in the group and really rely on the other ladies' expertise and input when I make a quilt or wallhanging. Not sure what I'd do without my quilting friends!

MimiBug123 11-15-2012 08:34 AM

I wish I had a group like yours. I have only one quilting buddy, and she likes to come over to play. We've talked about starting a quilting group at church, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in it.

DonnaC 11-15-2012 08:56 AM

Totally jealous. I am a "solitary quilter" for sure.....

glasqlts 11-15-2012 09:11 AM

It is a blessing to have lady friends, even more so when they are quilters. I belong to several groups of friends that each meet once a month to sew, eat, visit, and help each other. We have a wonderful time and miss each other terribly when one of us can't make a get together. Learning to quilt and the ladies I've met has been the best part of my life, except for my DH of course.

Beehiveof9 11-15-2012 09:46 AM

GREEEEEN with envy here too! LOL Have a wicked awesome day!