Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do You Have a System ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-have-system-t87101.html)

Becky Crafts 01-04-2011 04:11 AM

I have a quilting folder on my desktop..inside is a folder for quilts I might like to make, another has important notes, tips and ideas and yet another has a list of all the good places to purchase fabrics online that you folks have told us about. I've been an Administrative Assistant well over 20 yrs, so I had to be organized. However after that my organizational skills fall apart. LOL

PEP 01-04-2011 04:44 AM

I put almost everything in 3-ring binders (notebooks). I try to alphabetize the things I print out, or items I see in catalogs, etc. Doing this has really reduced my paper clutter. (notice I said reduced, not eliminated!) Patty

Elenore 01-04-2011 09:56 AM

This system works for me. I have several 3 ring notebooks. When I find a pattern, picture of quilt, or table runner etc. I put it in plastic sleeve and put it in the book. That way I can flip through the book and have it all at my fingertips. Hope this helps.

Elenore

probles 01-04-2011 10:35 AM

I like your idea. Seems simple and something I could keep up. Thanks for the suggestion.

Justquilting 01-04-2011 11:02 AM

I have a running llist that I'll never finish.
I do bookmark magazines.
I have binders with pattern in them.

Never enough time to do all the things I want to do..

gale 01-04-2011 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by plainpat
I do bookmark, but how do you add projects from other sites?

You can do this by clicking on 'my pages' at the top and create a page (I just did one called projects from other sites) and then copy and paste the links. You can edit the page as often as you want, I think. Or you can add new pages. Then when you need to find them click on my pages and then the page name. I LOVE this feature and will be using it a ton in the future.

Maybe1day 01-04-2011 04:10 PM

Umn, I sort of have a system - I have made a spread sheet for on my computer in which I list projects and ideas for future use. I also have a comments column and another column for when or if I have purchased fabric for xxx and where it is. Do I follow this system? not all the time because while I write it down I often just "go with the flow" as my students used to say to me. Is interesting looking in the folder every now and then to see what I had put in there. :lol:

Maybe1day

cjmat 01-04-2011 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by harvsstuff
Absolutely no system but do have scraps of papers all over the place!

Me too..lol.

laurac 01-04-2011 05:20 PM

don't fence me in. if i started a list i'd just deviate from it anyway

brushandthimble 01-04-2011 05:21 PM

I don't have a system, but do try to do all my math in a sprial notebook of graph paper. I also list ideas, and have taped in pictures. Almost time for a new book:)