Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you have a wheeled case? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-have-wheeled-case-t171331.html)

sylviak 12-08-2011 08:14 PM

Several year ago I found a rolling suitcase at Walmart that fits my machine perfectly and has an extra pocket with places to fit my tools and some fabric. I paid $20 for it and am still using it. I've looked for another one several times, but they don't carry that size anymore. Wish I had bought several. Only came in black, but it works!

Bevsie 12-08-2011 08:50 PM

Hi,

I just bought a wheeled case at my Babylock dealer, it's two bags. One holds my Symphony or my Elegante and the other bag fits my embroidery unit....or just stuff I need! I really love them.
I had a wheeled case for years and was still using it, but it really wasn't made for my two bigger machines.....zipped, but with effort. My new one was made for the Ellisimo so it's pretty big.
Bev

deemail 12-08-2011 09:32 PM

I have 2 cases, one is a 2-suit suitcase (with wheels) that the machine just fits in the bottom perfectly with room on top for project and extras...the other is a padded cooler on wheels that is the right shape for my serger and has a bit of room on the sides along with zippered pockets on 2 sides and the top... the first cost me 21 dollars on sale with a smaller 1-suit inside and the cooler cost 12 dollars at the end of summer....

Sunnie 12-09-2011 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by psumom (Post 4763824)
One question, Sunnie.....I always thought that the Quest and the 6500/6600 were VERY similar. I'm just wondering why you have both, and how they differ?

You are right, the machines are very similar. I bought the Quest new as a birthday gift to myself, then about a year later I found the 6500 on Craigslist for the ridiculously low price of $250. How could I not buy it. Now I can have two projects at the same time without changing threads, bobbins, settings, etc.

Marni 12-09-2011 04:45 AM

I have the Hemline set-and love it-it fits my 6600 easily-along with all the extras I wish to take along

elm 12-09-2011 05:24 AM

When I bought my sewing machine, the woman who sold it to me suggested that I look at all the wheeled case options not just limit it to one's specific for sewing. I went to JoAnne's and ended up with one meant for scrapbooking. Love it. I put my sesing machine in the wheeled section. Then there is a bag which velcroes to the top of that. can be carried as a shoulder bag or stay velcroed to the top. Makes it easy to get in and out of the car.

GammaLou 12-09-2011 05:54 AM

I went online and looked when I got my case. I found one big enough at HSN.com. It is dark gold and came with 2 pieces! There is the large one for the machine and a flat one that fits onto it for cutting boards and rulers. It was the best price around!!

RenaB 12-09-2011 06:01 AM

I am a scrapbooker too and this is what I use. I have had it for years before I even started sewing and my Brother fits in it very nicely.

Originally Posted by soccertxi (Post 4762274)
I actually use a scrap booking case I found on sale. The interior fits all my machines. There was a divider that was velcroed in that I removed. I had to buy it when visited my Daughter in SouthDakota. I bought so much fabric, I had to have something to bring it home in!

DonnaFreak 12-09-2011 06:22 AM

I've been using a wheeled tool bag that I bought at Harbor Freight for $19.99. It works great for taking my machine to class with me, and has enough room in it to also include my iron and a lamp. A friend of mine just gave me a wheeled Koboda (sp?) tool bag for my birthday that is MUCH roomier, and will allow me to tote everything in one bag instead of in two. I'm pretty sure it would easily hold 2 machines. I don't know anything about a Tutto or what your budget is, but the Koboda bag is available at Lowe's for around $60. Hope this helps! :c)

Donna

Stitchnripper 12-09-2011 07:05 AM

I have a rolling case I got at JoAnn's with a coupon and it measures 19" across. It seems to work for me.