Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you have a wheeled case? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-have-wheeled-case-t171331.html)

muskratwine 12-09-2011 07:07 AM

Check out www.allbrands.com - they have Tutto and Bluefig at reasonable prices and their service is fast and courteous. I have a Viking Mega Quilter I'd love to get a case for but maybe after the newyear. Good luck.

Sunnie 12-09-2011 07:13 AM

Well, JoAnn's just solved my dilemma. I received a 50% coupon in my email this morning. So I ordered the Hemline Deluxe case. The only Tutto they have is not big enough for either of my machines. I will continue to save my $$$ for a Tutto, but it may take a while. Then I will have a case for each of my machines. Life is Good!

vivoaks 12-09-2011 08:00 AM

Get the biggest you can find! Then when your machine is sitting out at home, you have an extra place to stash all those fabrics you bought when DH wasn't around!! Works GREAT!!! (Ask me how I know!! hehehe)

vivoaks 12-09-2011 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by muskratwine (Post 4765514)
Check out www.allbrands.com - they have Tutto and Bluefig at reasonable prices and their service is fast and courteous. I have a Viking Mega Quilter I'd love to get a case for but maybe after the newyear. Good luck.

Wow!! Am I ever glad I read this post! That allbrands.com website has oodles of stuff - including a sewing forum! I may have to join that list, too!! It looks VERY interesting! There just aren't enough hours in the day.... Thanks for posting that site!!

flikkem 12-09-2011 08:44 AM

Two years ago I got an $80 wheeled one for 50% off at Joanne's. Love it.
I want to avoid screwing up my back so it's wonderful.

jljack 12-09-2011 08:51 AM

My DH got me one from Hancock Fabrics about 5 years ago that fits my Brother machine and all it's stuff...including the slide on table thing. It was on sale for $40, and it has lasted this long, taking lots of abuse!! :-) I use it a lot between quilting classes at church, friendship group and quilt guild. I do need a new one soon, though, but I sure won't be paying what they want for the Tutto...that's way high!!

purplefiend 12-09-2011 09:25 AM

I have the large Tutto, they are expensive; but worth every penny. The Tutto has lots of pockets so you can carry a 11"x17" cutting mat and various rulers; most anything you need for a class or retreat.
I bought mine @ the local Bernina store when she had everything priced 30% off. It fits both of my Berninas and Pfaffs, it's too bad I need the huge size for my HV Sapphire 875.

katykwilt 12-09-2011 10:44 AM

I have several wheeled cases -- use them to transport several machines when I teach folks who can't afford their own machines. My favorite for my Janome 6500 was from Joann's. It's the largest machine I have and had trouble finding one to fit -- it just fits. I have another from Nancy's Notions, but must say it isn't as sturdy, looks nice, but doesn't have the exterior supports. Also have several cases that you just pick up and carry. Believe me, those on wheels are wonderful! They still require you to lift the machine/case up to the table and down again. I also lift them when I go down stairs so I don't jar the electronic machines. Wouldn't it be nice if we had some anti-gravity machines so there would be no lifting whatsoeve?. Perhaps in 2020???

redpurselady 12-09-2011 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey (Post 4761975)
I have a wheeled mechanic's cart that I bought at Home Depot for $40, they are also available at Loews. You would need to make sure it's wide enough for your machine, anything from HD is easily returned. May in Jersey

I have one too, but mine is from Walmart. Got it many years ago and use it for whenever I to go retreats or meet at a friend's house to spend the day sewing. Unfortunately, Walmart does not carry them anymore. Mine was around $25 when I got it. If I remember correctly, someone mentioned there was a suitable carrier at Harbor Freight.

neece 12-09-2011 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 4762226)
i use my wheeled suitcase - but only from home to guild... not for flying.

My sister got a new bag as the airline damaged hers so frugal lady I took the damaged bag. OK for around but haven't taken it flying. After seeing the damage to her bag I don't think I could let my machine fly.