Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you know a good project to sell at quilt shows? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-know-good-project-sell-quilt-shows-t50151.html)

maryann in Indiana 06-20-2010 08:04 AM

Can you share the pattern for your unique potholders?

arritta morris 06-20-2010 08:40 AM

I got a quilt pin made out of a thmble . go on line

wordpaintervs 06-20-2010 11:24 AM

Hi there...
I saw a quilting show the other day, and thought WOW...what a cool idea is that! Since so many have laptops these days, they were showing a very speedy way to make a zippered sleeve for a laptop. I think they called it a laptop skin. At any rate. one could use pre-quilted or self made quilted fabric, or even do a crazy quilt thing of scraps. Lay your laptop on top of the fabric. to 'get the size right' ..allow for seams and a laptop inside. cut two pieces of fabric. Before sewing the sides, put in a zipper for the top. (I suggest a 19 to 22 inch one) Then turn zipper side and fabrics inside out. Unzip the zipper and serge or machine stitch the surrounding sides. Voila...this makes a cool cover to keep the scratches off your laptop when you travel or whatever. If one wanted they could cut a strap for carrying the laptop and make it go around the three sides and long enough for a shoulder carry thing. Perhaps we could consider dark colors or blues for a guy, and perky colors for the ladies would make neat gifts to buy at a sale. They even showed one in which someone used two zippers to open even further the top of the 'sleeve'. Hope this info is helpful. Happy Fathers Day to the dads out there!

POosterman 06-20-2010 02:58 PM

Jewelry rolls. They are quick and easy. Only about $1.00 worth of cloth and 1 hr of time to make.

Lori S 06-20-2010 02:59 PM

Believe it or not Aprons are a hot item now. Since you are selling to quilters , make some of your own jelly rolls or bundles.
Used quilt books sell well.

SandyMac 06-20-2010 03:15 PM

Table runners and table toppers :D

ann clare 06-20-2010 03:34 PM

Great post. Lots of ideas.

dyer804 06-20-2010 03:34 PM

Wow! What a lot of great ideas! I always enjoy thumbing through quilt, craft, and sewing magazines that members are done with, usually selling for 50 cents. I have also bought patterns sorted into baskets by type - women's clothing, crafts, etc. One year I bought some small stuffed pumpkins at a fall quilt show and used them through Thanksgiving. Other soft sculptures appropriate for seasonal decorating are nice too. Good Luck!

Greeter Eva 06-20-2010 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by spinnergs
Our club needs a small project to sell and make a profit for the club at the next quilt show. Any ideas?

I have been making Pin cushion-Thread Catcher bags. All the ladies who quilt or sew just love them. I saw they were being sold at Quilt Shows for 10.00 to 12.00 each. I know I love mine.

grannylou 06-20-2010 04:28 PM

What is a thread catcheer? I have never heard of that.