Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you see faces in your fabric?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-see-faces-your-fabric-t35937.html)

Dancing Needle 02-04-2010 09:35 AM

I see all the faces too. I'm going to start checking my fabric more closely to see who's lurking. :lol:

I go To The Sea To Breathe 02-04-2010 09:39 AM

I haven't seen the faces in fabric, but I have seen faces in wood that was used on a wall. But I didn't tell anyone about it, You are braver than I am. Actually I did see faces in a floor tile once, but I tried not to look at it...LOL

I go To The Sea To Breathe 02-04-2010 09:46 AM

that fabric is full of faces, did you see the one like a small childs shillioute with a little turned up nose? just to the bottom and left of the first one, and then there are several more all solid black......there is one artist of mainly horses and indians in the woods that when you look into his pictures you see all kinds of other things, like deer, dogs, people etc. they have those in one of the drs. office out here, not a head dr. ha ha. and remember those pages that use to come in a children's magazine, and it would always have a page of hidden objects that you had to find.....we are normal!!!!!

dlf0122quilting 02-04-2010 10:23 AM

I don't know if I could cut my fabric after seeing a face in it.

zkosh 02-04-2010 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Barb_MO
I've never seen faces in fabric, but do see faces and other objects in lots of things. I thought I could see a face in this piece of driftwood. only one person I showed it too could see it. The second image is how she fixed it so you could see the face.

I saw the face immediately in the before picture. I have a friend who finds hearts, especially in rocks and stones. Don't let the skeptics bother you. They are the ones missing out!

marsye 02-04-2010 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:lol: :lol:

QBeth 02-04-2010 11:18 AM

I've never seen faces in fabric, but do see faces and other objects in lots of things. I thought I could see a face in this piece of driftwood. only one person I showed it too could see it. The second image is how she fixed it so you could see the face.

Oh boy, I'm in trouble! At first I saw an eagle but then saw the face. The makeup really pulls it together!

I don't see faces in fabric so maybe I'm not in trouble after all!

butterflywing 02-04-2010 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by marsye
:lol: :lol:

i see more than a face here. i see a whole person and a bobble-head. is there more?

vjengels 02-04-2010 11:27 AM

I think that's a huge talent; seeing the pattern in everyday things... so you're thinking of doing a portrait quilt? Those are amazing! the way the different pieces are placed, along with the stitching .... shows so much depth, and texture...
I hope to see your master peice.

GailG 02-04-2010 11:41 AM

I saw the face in the first one right off. What does that say about me?

:roll: