Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do your quilts have to match your room? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-your-quilts-have-match-your-room-t81334.html)

3plus2granny 12-07-2010 06:49 PM

My family seems to think that when given a quilt that the colors have to match the room it is used in. I see so many different colored quilts on this board. Do they always blend in your rooms?

My quilts are throws for a sofa.

Candace 12-07-2010 06:50 PM

The ones I keep do, usually.

grammyp 12-07-2010 06:54 PM

Not at all. Most of the ones I use at home are on beds. When I turn down the bedspread, I love to see a nice pop of color.

grammy Dwynn 12-07-2010 06:57 PM

I think it depends. It can be cheaper and easier to change the paint color. But on the other hand I do 'try' to co-ordinate my quilts to the rest of the decor. But then, IMHO most quilts go with everything . . . but I could be biased. lol

fayza 12-07-2010 07:01 PM

When making one to keep for myself it doesn't always match b/c I like a variety of colors. However, the quilt I am working on for my aunt's christmas gift is being made in colors to match her bedroom (Purple & Sage)

Ramona Byrd 12-07-2010 07:01 PM

The one I'm saving scraps for, the blue crazy quilt I'm gonna make for MY bed will match, more or less, the drapes and carpet. The wall is kinda an off white, may get around to painting that one day if I get time. Well after December, of course.

Sadiemae 12-07-2010 07:02 PM

No. Unless someone has purchased their own fabric or asked specifically, I make quilts that I like. I don't usually know what colors people have in their bedrooms anyway.

joan_quilts 12-07-2010 07:03 PM

Good question! I like to know what colors people like if I am making them a quilt. If not, I wing it! LOL I have never had anyone not accept a quilt because it doesn't match.

If I am making something for my bedroom, I pretty much to stick to the colors I like.

I don't think quilts have to match per say in color, but I wouldn't give a country themed quilt, like with chickens or deer on it to somebody that likes contemporary. That would probably clash! LOL

laureneberhard 12-07-2010 07:04 PM

They do not match...I enjoy seeing lots of differnet colors and patterns. My favorites are scrappy quilts, so I guess maybe they do match all the antiques (just old stuff) in my house!!

fleurdelisquilts.com 12-07-2010 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
No. Unless someone has purchased their own fabric or asked specifically, I make quilts that I like. I don't usually know what colors people have in their bedrooms anyway.

My sentiments, too. I just make what I like and give or sell what I chose. I consider a request for a particular color or pattern to be a commission. Afterall, they come to me with the request. I rarely ask anyone beforehand what they want me to make.