Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   does anyone else have problems using their favorite fabrics? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-else-have-problems-using-their-favorite-fabrics-t152678.html)

kriscraft99 09-13-2011 09:52 AM

I have quite a few but don't want to use them - I know it is silly but I just can't seem to find the right project for them.

Murphy 09-13-2011 10:01 AM

I did, but decided I was wasting enjoyment. I looked for large block quilt patterns that would show off their beautify and am busy creating new quilts that truly can be enjoyed rather than languishing in a drawer hidden away. Take a look at Focus Pocus, or BQ, etc. You may find the perfect one. Keep us posted.

DebsShelties 09-13-2011 10:03 AM

I have several fabrics I love, have decided that I want to cut a 6 - 10" block, then stitch them together with a thin sashing. That way I have my favorites in a piece just for me.

LisaGibbs 09-13-2011 10:05 AM

I have an entire room full of them. DH and I are doing our kind of spin on the sabbatical of fabric buying to help me on finishing what that stash should be. He cooks and does laundry, I sew and clean and no more fabric unless it is determined to be needed for a UFO. Three days into it he is going strong, I suddenly have a desire for fabrics I would once have never been caught dead buying.

crafty pat 09-13-2011 10:09 AM

I really hate to cut into some fabrics but I do and I am usually happy I did.

valsma 09-13-2011 10:18 AM

Gosh yes. I have this one that is just beautiful but I don't want to put it with anything. Everytime I take it out and think it will look good with this fabric or that fabric, I end up putting it back. Right now that is the only one I want to not use for anything.

romanojg 09-13-2011 10:20 AM

When I see a fabric I buy some; a yard or two depending on how much I like it and the price. I add it to my stash and then when I find a pattern that will do it justice I have no problems using it.

fabric whisperer 09-13-2011 10:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
I have quite a few but don't want to use them - I know it is silly but I just can't seem to find the right project for them.

ROFLMBO ~ again and again and again! Whole family has giggle-snits on this one!
Here is one that took me YEARS to cut... only recently did my precious Laurel Burch get snipped! (and the remaining yardage is tucked safely back into her shelf!!!)

Jennie and Me 09-13-2011 10:42 AM

I love orientals and had this one large piece that I just couldn't bear to cut up, so I made a whole cloth out of it. Turned out really pretty and my oldest daughter now has it.

Flying_V_Goddess 09-13-2011 10:43 AM

I have some Japanese kanji prints that I bought simply because I thought they were awesome, but have no freaking clue what to do with them.

But I also have favorites that I bought that are going into the two quilts I'm making for myself (a scrappy purple cathedral quilt and a Kittie---my favorite band---t-shirt quilts). Maybe that's the solution: use the fabrics we really, really, REALLY love for quilts for ourselves. :)