Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone else have a real problem with green? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-else-have-real-problem-green-t212204.html)

petthefabric 01-27-2013 11:38 PM

Greens my favorite color. My eyes are green. A room just doesn't look right without it. It's nature's neutral. It changes with the seasons: spring green-clean leans to yellow, summer green-bright, fall green-full bodied leans to yellow: winter yellow-dark, greyed and leans to blue. Then peuce looks great with purples. Lime with purple and salmon. LOVE GREEN

Anniedeb 01-27-2013 11:51 PM

I'm in the LOVE green group! Sage, forest, "army"...you name it, I love the darker greens. Paired with rust, amber, tans, browns...right up my alley. My problem is with reds...I never have the right shade!

pennycandy 01-28-2013 12:04 AM

I feel your pain. There is a piece of fabric that I've had for some time. It's a floral print with a black background. I'd love to find green fabric to match the leaves. There are two shades of what I call dusty jade. Every green I find is either too yellow or too blue.

QM 01-28-2013 01:14 AM

I love greens, but I agree that what I have is generally not what I want. One early spring day a friend and I drove to her quilt class. She commented on the hundreds of shades of green around us in the woods. So true!

patricej 01-28-2013 01:52 AM

i have that problem with just about every color in the rainbow. LOL
greens and yellows are the biggest problem for me, though.
i have plenty of each but never the right fabric for any given project.

i think it's time i reversed my process.
instead of deciding on a quilt and then searching for the fabrics ...
gather a set of fabrics and search for the right quilt to use them in.

wish me luck. LOL

Jackie Spencer 01-28-2013 04:29 AM

I have lots of greens also. I have noticed over the past few years, that most of the Christmas lines that come out, have greens with yellow in them. I have not been able to find a pretty print that is a true christmas green in a long time.

IowaStitcher 01-28-2013 05:41 AM

My latest issue of Quiltmaker has a wall hanging Heart to Heart that shows it in greens. After having made the red one, I am going for the green one. Maybe this pattern would give you 'permission' to put those greens together. It is a Dresden plate/fan design so maybe that will be an inspiration.

Rose Marie 01-28-2013 06:02 AM

So true about Christmas green. I do not buy greens with yellow in them, ugly.
I have lots of basic greens that I use with no problems.
Reds are a problem with so many shades. I use mostly burgundy reds.

Lori S 01-28-2013 06:44 AM

My problem is I really like green, one look at my stash and you can see the stacks of green. As you mentioned, getting the "right" green can be a quest.

greencat 01-28-2013 06:52 AM

Green has always been my favorite color. I never had much green quilting fabric other than what I wanted for leaves until my Mom bought a sage green sofa. Now that's the shade I shop for - what a difference in the green colors! I have enjoyed all the new shopping I can do....