Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone else have a real problem with green? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-else-have-real-problem-green-t212204.html)

barny 01-28-2013 07:03 AM

I paint in watercolors and oils and green is the hardest to do. It gives me fits.

willis.debra 01-29-2013 03:59 AM

I don't like yellow. I rarely use it. We each have our preferences.

mmac71 01-29-2013 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by petthefabric (Post 5819427)
Greens my favorite color. My eyes are green. A room just doesn't look right without it. It's nature's neutral. It changes with the seasons: spring green-clean leans to yellow, summer green-bright, fall green-full bodied leans to yellow: winter yellow-dark, greyed and leans to blue. Then peuce looks great with purples. Lime with purple and salmon. LOVE GREEN

Me too!!! Green eyes and favorite colors Purples that lean to grey tones not blue or pinkish, and Peridot green. I have a little problem with some greens but I like jewel tones much more than pastels!

grandmahoney 01-29-2013 04:35 AM

I love green. But I tend to use more of the very dark olive green and forest green most of the time For projects. I hardly ever use lime green. Green to me is a color that can give the final touch to a project. But finding the color I want in fabric stores can be a problem.

judylg 01-29-2013 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ (Post 5819462)
i have that problem with just about every color in the rainbow. LOL
greens and yellows are the biggest problem for me, though.
i have plenty of each but never the right fabric for any given project.

i think it's time i reversed my process.
instead of deciding on a quilt and then searching for the fabrics ...
gather a set of fabrics and search for the right quilt to use them in.

wish me luck. LOL

I agree with your thinking. I find myself in the same situation as well.

lovelyl 01-29-2013 04:48 AM

I love green, also, but this thread has made me think... When I was trying to build my stash before retiring, one of the online quilt shops had a sale of 10 different half yard cuts for a low price. They were sold by color. I didn't have much green or orange fabric, so I ordered a set of green and orange. The orange fabric was just OK but the green fabric had some beautiful pieces in it! Problem is, I can never find the right fabric to go with it... Too bad we don't all live close enough to meet and have a "green swap" !

pojo 01-29-2013 04:55 AM

My problem with green is I don't like it. I have more blues, purples, bright colors, red white and blue.

WMUTeach 01-29-2013 05:15 AM

Green is an odd color because each green carries hints of other colors in it. I use lots of green but when I get a pile of what some one called "ugly greens", I put them all in one quilt and what do you know they are not at all ugly as one would think. I made a 1600 quilt from greens and have the plans for a forest of paper pieced triangles to whittle down my "uglies" scrap greens pile. I know it will be beautiful in the end. No forest, coppice, thicket or wood lot is ever one shade of green. Ahhhhh, as a Michigander, I just my vistas of trees.

anita211 01-29-2013 05:40 AM

Raising hand... and it is such a lovely color.

narnianquilter 01-29-2013 05:41 AM

I know what you mean. I had to use green for vines (the quilt in my icon) and had a really hard time finding the color I wanted. For me, this is one of those colors I don't stash- I get what I need and try to use it all!