Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone else have too many interests? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-else-have-too-many-interests-t155892.html)

wraez 09-26-2011 09:56 AM

Gee this I gotta see LOL ... do you have a photo to share of this 'tombstone'?

I don't have nearly as many hobbies. Most notably is the fabric addiction / quilting and creating fabric postcards. I used to sketch and draw but haven't in years.

MaryKatherine 09-26-2011 01:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Sorry I forgot the pictures this morning. This is in my living room. It won't go any further.
MK

pushing out the couch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]262725[/ATTACH]

solid maple 175 lbs.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]262726[/ATTACH]

scrappy2 09-26-2011 01:49 PM

I love to read & have sewed for yrs. later added quilting, then most recent, machine embroidery and scrapbooking. I tend to jump around from one to another. My DH jokes about all my hobbies by he is my biggest fan!

sweetpea 09-26-2011 02:02 PM

me to. have a friend that has a rug loom setting in her barn rusting away. ooo how I would love to have it in my house. she don't have any use it well not use it. but thinks it is worth BIG $$$$$$$$$$$. and I not have big $$$$$. so it set's and i wish.

scrappy2 09-26-2011 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine
Sorry I forgot the pictures this morning. This is in my living room. It won't go any further.
MK

My Great Aunt had one yrs. ago when I was young. I wouldn't know were to start. You can't pass up free! Good Luck!

GrannieAnnie 09-26-2011 02:14 PM

I was talking to a woman the other day who has NO,NONE, ZILCH, NOTHING as a hobby. She cleans house and she reads.

I though as I was talking to her how horrible my life would be if I had no hobbies. I can't even image. But then maybe I'd be better off is I had only half the hobbies I do have.

Nah, wouldn't be fun!

GrannieAnnie 09-26-2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by sweetpea
me to. have a friend that has a rug loom setting in her barn rusting away. ooo how I would love to have it in my house. she don't have any use it well not use it. but thinks it is worth BIG $$$$$$$$$$$. and I not have big $$$$$. so it set's and i wish.

AsK. She may give it to you!

GrannieAnnie 09-26-2011 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe
Wow. I could not have turned it down, but I am a weaver first and quilter second. But if anyone wants to buy a going weaving business, I would sell mine. I have 5 looms and it will take 2000 sq. feet to set them all up. But I get $16.00 per sq. foot to the design industry. This takes a lot of time. I should be out there now. My dear significant other died on July 18 and my heart is not in this anymore.

If you know of a weaver looking for a business, I've had it for 15 years, but am now 65, have them contact me.

My sympathy in the loss of you loved one!

GrannieAnnie 09-26-2011 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine
MK

It might tickle, but could you use the loom for a foot stool when sitting on the couch?

(multi-tasking the furniture!)

OneMoreQuilt 09-26-2011 02:27 PM

Lucky you!!! I'd love to see pictures. I have a Union 36 and a 4 harness Weaver's Delight.