Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone else love Jenny Doan? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-else-love-jenny-doan-t188816.html)

bshcbus 05-14-2012 07:31 AM

I love Jenny also. She is the reason I am on this board. I took an class online from her website. I found out about this website from her website page. Most of my quilts that I have made came from her tutorials on youtube. I'm glad to hear that they are ok from the accident. My prayers are with them.

quiltmau 05-14-2012 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Juliebelle (Post 5213234)
I love her too, I had watched some other on line videos but they just do not compare to Jenny, she makes it so easy to learn new things and she is so encouraging. She is the best and I also have ordered from the store several times and always had a wonderful experience.

I agree-I love the MSQ site and I check it the first thing every morning. I order from the site and use her templates and love her ideas using jelly rolls and squares.

I was sorry to read of her accident-I wish her and her husband well and a speedy recovery. She is a special person and thanks to the internet she has touched many hearts.

Morag 05-14-2012 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by jcrow (Post 5212468)
I watch her on Youtube all the time and take many craftsy.com classes from her online shop. She is so cute and happy and really enjoys showing us all how to make a block a new and easier way. She has so many tips and tricks to making blocks. She makes complicated looking blocks easy to make. She has the gift. And she is always so thrilled to share with everyone. I just can't get enough of her. I buy from her shop all the time just because of seeing all that beautiful fabric on her Youtube videos (all the quilts hanging on the wall behind her). And she has a way of describing how fantastically cute the fabric she is using is and I just can't help but order it.

I wonder if people email her or stop by her shop and tell her about an easier way to make a block or a new block altogether or a new tip on quilting in general. She is an entertainer and a very good teacher. Sometimes, I'll just sit and watch her different videos on Youtube for an hour or longer. I just love that gal. She has to be making a killing in the quilting business...plus all the other craftsy classes she has at www.craftsy.com. And she's just a really nice person. I just wondered how many others of you feel the same way I do about her.

Oh I love, love, love her ...I get the daily deal e-mail every day and buy quite a bit from her shop. Her videos are awesome and she is so down to earth and REAL......

kteall 05-14-2012 08:57 AM

Jenny is the greatest - so down to earth
- I love her simple approach to quilting. She make it so easy.

Morag 05-14-2012 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by bshcbus (Post 5215818)
I love Jenny also. She is the reason I am on this board. I took an class online from her website. I found out about this website from her website page. Most of my quilts that I have made came from her tutorials on youtube. I'm glad to hear that they are ok from the accident. My prayers are with them.

I did not hear about the accident. Special prayers are being sent for her, her husband and family. They have touched so many hearts with there natural warmth.

donna thomas 05-14-2012 09:09 AM

I just read that Jenny and her husband were in a bad accident last...she is fine now, but it was a very scary thing...it is on her blog...go to missouri quilt company and read it...She is such a nice person and I am glad that she is ok ...love her tutorials...learned alot of great tips from her

Alondra 05-14-2012 09:11 AM

Yep, I surely do love her. I've learned so much from her and Natalie, that I don't even know where to start. She's a jewel, for sure!

Alondra 05-14-2012 09:17 AM

Go to http://www.missouriquiltco.com or to www.youtube.com (and type in Missouri Star Quilt to call up all of her videos). She has one on bindings, working with layer cakes and other fabric bundles, quilting, as well as demonstrating how to make many types of quilts (Jacob's Ladder, etc). She's amazing. (No, I don't work for her... haven't even met her in person, but I feel like I know her - that's how well her personality and style come through.)

jerilee 05-14-2012 12:38 PM

Jenny's web site is MissouriStarQuilt.com. Her tutorials are on You Tube. She also had some classes on Craftsy and I believe someone said she is going to have a 4th one soon. And I think she has that effect on everyone, She really makes you feel like her best friend. I know a lot of beginners who adore her simply because they get what she is saying. Some teachers just can't get their point across as easy as she can. I am also left handed so she is easier for me to follow. If you haven't seen her show yet, check it out. She makes mistakes sometimes. corrects herself and
just keeps on going, she doesnt stop the camera and start all over. She is exactly like most quilters, laughs at her mistakes and keeps on going. Bet you can't watch just one of her shows............

reginalovesfabric 05-14-2012 12:40 PM

I love her too, have you seen the video on three dudes quilts. I sewed up some fall colored fabric that was already cut it was so neat...to watch it