Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone own the Brother CS6000i machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-own-brother-cs6000i-machine-t294959.html)

Pat M. 02-20-2018 04:01 PM

I have one, it is OK for sewing, but remember you get what you pay for. Dances over the table if you sew to fast. Will not sew through heavy folds of material, 6 layers, etc. button hole are not up to par for me. This is my experience with the machine.

grammasharon 02-20-2018 04:31 PM

I sew through many layers also when I make the bowl cozies. Never fails me. If I ever have an issue with a thick seam I put a small ruler under the back of the foot until it clears the hump and the ruler falls out. This keeps the stitches nice and equal

Originally Posted by pewa88 (Post 8007849)
I have this machine as my take to sewing group machine and I love it. Last month we did microwave bowl cozies as our project and my machine sewed right through all those thicknesses with no problem at all. I highly recommend this machine.

homefrontgirl 02-20-2018 05:42 PM

I've had this machine for about a year. I tried it at our library makerspace (they have about 5 of them) and loved it. I have a vintage machine that only had a straight stitch and with a left-homing needle so I wanted a back up. Now it is my favorite machine. It has traveled with me and it packs up easily. There are also videos on youtube for every aspect of this machine in case you need to troubleshoot.

Blackberry 02-21-2018 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by LavenderBlue (Post 8007758)
For a long time, I've been toying with the idea of purchasing this as my "take to class" machine. It has very good reviews for all the features at a great price. I received two Amazon gift cards last year that total enough to purchase this machine. It is older but would any of you still recommend it? The newer model does not include a walking foot, has some negative reviews for too light weight (machine moves when sewing), and a bit more expensive.

I have this machine and use it for most all of my quilting. I love this machine. I purchased it from Amazon and bought it mostly because it came with a walking foot and because Brother has good reviews on their machines. It is light weight, easy to clean and easy to handle. The only thing that would be nice would be if it came in a latched case. I don't think you could go wrong with this machine.

lorimax5859 02-22-2018 06:10 AM

I've had mine for 2 years and it is an awesome machine. I would buy it again.

trolleystation 02-22-2018 06:40 AM

I bought this machine on recommendation from a quilting friend. She loves hers and I love mine. Have had no problems. I bought this because it is lightweight and am truly enjoying working with it. Machine repairs and cleaning around here run $100 to $150. I figure that I can buy another of these machines for the price of repairs.

nwm50 02-22-2018 07:04 AM

I had one & liked it very much but sold to a friend & she loved it and this was a couple years ago, she still uses this with no problem.. I do have other machines like 301's & featherweight that I use a lot.

My time 02-22-2018 07:39 AM

I have had one for about 10 yrs. I bought it to take to classes because it is so lightweight. Its a great little machine for the price. My daughter liked mine so well she bought one. I have had no issues with mine.

kat13 02-22-2018 07:57 AM

I have one and still use it when my bigger machine is in use! I’ve had it for years.. it was my first machine! My hubby bought it at Walmart so I could make him room darkening curtains! I highly recommend it!

southernmema 02-22-2018 09:44 AM

I have a Brother CS6000I and love it...take it to class....even bought my granddaughter one. The only downside to me is that the automatic threader is a little tricky.