Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone recognize this pattern??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-recognize-pattern-t184868.html)

KyKaren1949 04-04-2012 09:24 AM

I found the pattern on the Connecting Thread website. Google Scrap Basket Sensations and look for the Connecting Threads link for it. Click on it, and then you can see all the quilts featured in the book. It's there! Very pretty quilt too!

margecam52 04-04-2012 10:28 AM

Looks like a variation on the split nine patch. she split some in half, and added them to all white (Tone on tone) split nine patches. The hardest part would be your color selection.

Originally Posted by leggz48 (Post 5112243)
I saw this quilt at the Dallas Quilt Show and want to do this pattern......can anyone identify the name of the pattern or who designed it or where I can fine it. HELP! I've already tried to contact the quilter, but no luck yet. Thanks for any help.

ArizonaRose 04-04-2012 04:50 PM

The quilt is beautiful, but it looks difficult to me, but I consider myself still a beginner. Will look forward to seeing your finished work.

burchquilts 04-05-2012 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by QM (Post 5112338)
Actually, I think you only have to scatter med and dark around the white. It's actually a fairly simple pattern... in concept. It's obviously a great place to show off one's quilting (and one's batik scraps). Thanks for sharing it. I love it. that's now # 285 on my WAD list.

Same here. Why do there have to be so many fabulous quilts out there, just begging to be made? Waaaaaaaaaaaah!

leggz48 04-08-2012 06:31 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you.......I knew someone out there would bere able to help meaps she is. I could read the "Over and Under" pattern, as well as the name of the quilter and made an attempt to reach her via Facebook. However, perhaps she's like me and only looks at FB on a random basis. I plan to get the book and start this project in the summer. As many of you can probably appreciate......I have a ton of projects in process right now.

Thanks again!!!! Love you all, and this site is fantastic!

sharon b 04-08-2012 06:45 PM

I just bought that book about a month ago and it has some other fabulous patterns in it - can't wait to see you quilt when you get it done :)

Peckish 04-08-2012 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by leggz48 (Post 5126672)
I could read the "Over and Under" pattern, as well as the name of the quilter and made an attempt to reach her via Facebook.

This is meant as a friendly tip - if you google "over and under quilt" then click on "images" in the upper left, you will get pictures of the quilt. Next time that might be a faster way to find the information you're looking for. :thumbup:

Gladys 04-10-2012 11:06 AM

I don't know the name of the pattern but the quilt is beautiful.

Donna in Mo 04-12-2012 09:50 AM

It looks like the pattern I saw recently called Twisted Chain.

BellaBoo 04-12-2012 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 5126919)
This is meant as a friendly tip - if you google "over and under quilt" then click on "images" in the upper left, you will get pictures of the quilt. Next time that might be a faster way to find the information you're looking for. :thumbup:

Yes! I always search for quilt patterns using Google images. It's faster and very rare do I not find the quilt pattern.