Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does it ever end!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-ever-end-t264458.html)

Dreaming 04-25-2015 08:09 AM

Does it ever end!!!

Fabric, fabric, fabric, I have so much. I went to a estate sale that said it was a quilters dream. I went with the intention to look for notions and such. I said I didn't need any fabric. It wasn't the dream they had said, but they did have some fabric. So, I ignored my, "I don't need fabric" and bought some. I got a pack of 26 fat quarters and 4 pieces totaling 11 yards for five dollars. Five dollars!!! I didn't need fabric, but look how much I saved. Sick, sick, sick!!! Now it will be crammed in with the rest of the fabric which I have no room for. Later I went over to my mom's to show her my treasure. We had planned to go to this sale together, but she had to go to a doctors appointment with my dad. When she saw my treasure, she said, "lets go". Back I went and found a piece that was ten yards for five dollars! Didn't need anymore fabric, but look how much I saved! It's a sickness most of us quilters have and it's sick, sick, sick!!!! Does it ever end?

Cari-in-Oly 04-25-2015 08:27 AM

I sure hope not!! I love finding good deals at yard sales or thrift stores. I wouldn't have half of what I do if it weren't for them.

Cari

ManiacQuilter2 04-25-2015 08:31 AM

Start by sorting thru your fabric stash and see if there is anything you can give to a charity group who would be delighted with what you give them. They will be so grateful with anything you give.

TinkerQuilts 04-25-2015 09:01 AM

I thought about going to this sale, but I'm clear on the other side of town, and I thought everything would be gone before I could get there. :0(

mac 04-25-2015 09:14 AM

It is a sickness alright; but what a fun sickness.
I have a 'fabricholic' t-shirt that shows a women with a big stack of fabric walking into a fabricholic meeting saying, "Hi, I'm Jane, and I am a fabricholic", and the group of women are all saying, "Hi, Jane." I feel that I should replace the name 'Jane" with "Mary Ann". LOL

Lori S 04-25-2015 09:36 AM

I am not sure when it "ends" as I am still hoping someday I will stop with my fascination with acquiring more fabric. But some bargains are just too good to pass up. Now go sew something and you will feel better.

QuiltnNan 04-25-2015 09:37 AM

:thumbup: LOL

bearisgray 04-25-2015 09:48 AM

I think it will only end when we are unable to get out and about.

Moxiesmom 04-25-2015 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7176478)
Start by sorting thru your fabric stash and see if there is anything you can give to a charity group who would be delighted with what you give them. They will be so grateful with anything you give.

I definately am going to do this, because I will never in this lifetime quilt all the fabric I have, especially since I took off almost two years. We have an adult haven with special needs adults who do not have homes that do crafts, and will take a bunch of stuff to them. They make really cool stuff, and do not have much funds. Need to get started going through my stuff.

DresiArnaz 04-25-2015 09:53 AM

I can't blame anyone for grabbing something like that even if they do have a ton of fabric

That's a really good deal!

I couldn't afford to buy a whole stack like that in a fabric store-it's so expensive nowadays!

I'm trying to build a stash

I don't have that much just a couple of tote boxes full

We don't get too many estate sales around here but the thrift store has been very good to me. :)

If you have the space and you find a good deal more power to you!