Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does it ever end!!! >

Does it ever end!!!

Does it ever end!!!

Old 04-25-2015, 08:09 AM

Default Does it ever end!!!

Fabric, fabric, fabric, I have so much. I went to a estate sale that said it was a quilters dream. I went with the intention to look for notions and such. I said I didn't need any fabric. It wasn't the dream they had said, but they did have some fabric. So, I ignored my, "I don't need fabric" and bought some. I got a pack of 26 fat quarters and 4 pieces totaling 11 yards for five dollars. Five dollars!!! I didn't need fabric, but look how much I saved. Sick, sick, sick!!! Now it will be crammed in with the rest of the fabric which I have no room for. Later I went over to my mom's to show her my treasure. We had planned to go to this sale together, but she had to go to a doctors appointment with my dad. When she saw my treasure, she said, "lets go". Back I went and found a piece that was ten yards for five dollars! Didn't need anymore fabric, but look how much I saved! It's a sickness most of us quilters have and it's sick, sick, sick!!!! Does it ever end?
Old 04-25-2015, 08:27 AM
Banned

I sure hope not!! I love finding good deals at yard sales or thrift stores. I wouldn't have half of what I do if it weren't for them.

Cari
Old 04-25-2015, 08:31 AM
Power Poster

Start by sorting thru your fabric stash and see if there is anything you can give to a charity group who would be delighted with what you give them. They will be so grateful with anything you give.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:01 AM

I thought about going to this sale, but I'm clear on the other side of town, and I thought everything would be gone before I could get there. :0(
Old 04-25-2015, 09:14 AM
mac

It is a sickness alright; but what a fun sickness.
I have a 'fabricholic' t-shirt that shows a women with a big stack of fabric walking into a fabricholic meeting saying, "Hi, I'm Jane, and I am a fabricholic", and the group of women are all saying, "Hi, Jane." I feel that I should replace the name 'Jane" with "Mary Ann". LOL
Old 04-25-2015, 09:36 AM

I am not sure when it "ends" as I am still hoping someday I will stop with my fascination with acquiring more fabric. But some bargains are just too good to pass up. Now go sew something and you will feel better.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:37 AM
Power Poster

LOL
Old 04-25-2015, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

I think it will only end when we are unable to get out and about.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Start by sorting thru your fabric stash and see if there is anything you can give to a charity group who would be delighted with what you give them. They will be so grateful with anything you give.
I definately am going to do this, because I will never in this lifetime quilt all the fabric I have, especially since I took off almost two years. We have an adult haven with special needs adults who do not have homes that do crafts, and will take a bunch of stuff to them. They make really cool stuff, and do not have much funds. Need to get started going through my stuff.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:53 AM

I can't blame anyone for grabbing something like that even if they do have a ton of fabric

That's a really good deal!

I couldn't afford to buy a whole stack like that in a fabric store-it's so expensive nowadays!

I'm trying to build a stash

I don't have that much just a couple of tote boxes full

We don't get too many estate sales around here but the thrift store has been very good to me.

If you have the space and you find a good deal more power to you!