Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does it ever end!!! >

Does it ever end!!!

Does it ever end!!!

Old 04-27-2015, 11:46 AM

I am also guilty of having some fabrics that are so yummy I don't even think about using them. I just take them out to pet and enjoy. They have that perfect hand, depth of color saturation, perfect design; something about those fabrics just meets the standards that cause that deep happy sigh when in their presence.

No, don't send the guys in the white jackets. LOL. At least not till I start showing up at your houses to sigh over your special fabrics. Smiles and hugs.......

Last edited by wildyard; 04-27-2015 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Edited to add:
Old 04-27-2015, 12:37 PM

I'm doing it right now by going through some of my fabric separated into colors and deciding, "Can I use this just without regret in my charity quilts?" I'm finding that I can actually use some of it in these quilts. I've used up so much this year, that continuing to use up more, is fun.

However, I think if I had been at that sale, I'd have spent at until my car was completely full.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:37 PM

I hope that it never ends.........................
Old 04-28-2015, 07:28 AM

girl, there is no such thing as TOO MUCH FABRIC, I took a bedroom and made it into a fabric room and I buy fabric every week as if there was never going to be anymore produced. I saw a saying online the other day " the one that dies with the most fabic didn't make enough quilts" how bout them apples!!!!!!!! Everyone has a vice, mine is fabric and I'm proud of it.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:48 PM
mac

Originally Posted by katesnanna View Post
"You say all this like it's a bad thing to accumulate fabric".

I read that no one expects a coin collector to use their coins or a stamp collector to use a stamp, so why should they expect a fabriholic to use all her fabric???
Bravo! Great answer.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:52 PM
mac

Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
I am also guilty of having some fabrics that are so yummy I don't even think about using them. I just take them out to pet and enjoy. They have that perfect hand, depth of color saturation, perfect design; something about those fabrics just meets the standards that cause that deep happy sigh when in their presence........
I really understand that statement. I am a tactile person who loves to iron and stroke her fabric.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:12 PM

I think this is how many an internet/Etsy quilt shop came into being. "I'm not a hoarder! See, I'm an entrepreneur!"

As long as you stay one step ahead of the people in white coats ... I mean, itemize all your purchases as legitimate business expenses, you're fine. : )
Old 04-28-2015, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
I think it will only end when we are unable to get out and about.
There is the Internet then. I've been classed as a compulsive hoarder of my quilting stuff .
Old 04-29-2015, 04:22 AM

When you get fabric at a good deal you have to buy it, I would have done the same thing and I have lots that I need to do something with. I can't wait for it to get warm enough so I can go to garage sales and see if anyone is selling fabric.