Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does everyone pay... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-everyone-pay-t63102.html)

moonwolf23 09-04-2010 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by ganny
Does everyone pay over $9/yd for material? I must be cheap. Have never paid that much but then I've never been in a quilt shop either.

I try not to. I can't think of a time when I have to be honest.

twistedstitcher 09-04-2010 06:40 PM

I'd be thrilled to pay $9 a yard for fabric. Up here in Canada quilt shop fabric runs about $16-$18 a meter which is about 40". It has to be half price before we get it for $9.

cjomomma 09-04-2010 06:43 PM

Not me!!! The most I have paid is $4.44 a yard. I can't afford the higher priced fabric's. The fabric I buy at wm is just good as the LQS fabric's.

BellaBoo 09-04-2010 06:44 PM

I won't pay over $6 a yard for fabric. There are too many online quilt shops that have clearances and sales to pay full price for fabric. One fabric line from Northcott I had to have but I waited and found it later on clearance online for $4 a yard compared to $10 a yard when it first came out. If I had bought it when I first saw it it would still sitting on my shelf waiting for me to use it anyway.

watson's mom 09-04-2010 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by twistedstitcher
I'd be thrilled to pay $9 a yard for fabric. Up here in Canada quilt shop fabric runs about $16-$18 a meter which is about 40". It has to be half price before we get it for $9.

Very true...fabric is way too expensive in Canada but I have found a small shop that sells for $8.95/metre . Up here that's a great price. Online fabric is cheaper but shipping costs are ferocious so it's expensive all the way around.

gale 09-04-2010 06:50 PM

I have but rarely. Usually I wait on a good sale.

ganny 09-04-2010 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Not me!!! The most I have paid is $4.44 a yard. I can't afford the higher priced fabric's. The fabric I buy at wm is just good as the LQS fabric's.

They have some pretty good material in their quilting section.

Jim's Gem 09-04-2010 06:51 PM

I have paid over $10 a yard for fabrics. I do really try to wait for and find sales. But sometimes something really calls my name, or I need it for a project I have to work on and can't wait for a sale. I'm also one that I try to usually buy a little something from each quilt shop that I go into.

justwannaquilt 09-04-2010 06:52 PM

I have bought $9/yd fabric but I have never paid that for it!
I vary rarely pay full price for anything other than MILK and bread! It can't be on sale EVERY week!

retired2pa 09-04-2010 06:54 PM

It depends. I just (reluctantly) paid $12.99 for some batik that I needed to finish a project. I use to buy a lot of Joann fabric but in the last year I've gotten away from their material a lot. Since I've been buying Moda, Benartex, Hoffman, etc. I've discovered that I don't care for the quality of Joann's Keepsake brand. I shop a lot online and try to get some bargains but if you want quality fabric you'll have to pay the price.