Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does everyone pay... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-everyone-pay-t63102.html)

mamaw 09-05-2010 05:26 PM

I recently paid $9.50 per yd. for some.

martha jo 09-05-2010 05:30 PM

None of the Wal Marts around here have had fabric for over two years. Enjoy it while you can.

moonwolf23 09-05-2010 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma

Originally Posted by moonwolf23

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I have quilt magazines that i paid a quarter for and quilt books that I paid $2.00 for at the thrift shop. I print off free patterns. I was thinging of giving away my mags and books because I have found out I don't like to follow patterns.

Oooh ooooh oooh

LOL

So I'm thinking if I decide to do this you would be interested. I'm not saying I'm giving anything away right now but maybe in the future. Lol

Excuse my giddy tail wagging:)

theoldgraymare 09-05-2010 05:36 PM

I haunt the sales and clearance bins. I seldom even look at full-priced fabric because I know it will break my heart that I cannot afford it! Five dollars is pretty much my limit.

moonwolf23 09-05-2010 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
No fabric at Wal-mart!

Ummm, I first found Cranston village at Wallmart. I've also found similar fabrics at Walmart that I would find at Joanns or the local LQS and the batting for 100 percent cotton is much cheaper. Though I'm more likely to buy the batting I want at Connecting Threads.

moonwolf23 09-05-2010 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by watson's mom
I don't know why cotton is so expensive, it is a plant for Pete's sake. You would think that with all the quilter's around buying fabric, that it would be reasonably priced since there must be a ton of it being sold every day. I must be missing something here.

With more demand comes more price.

ladyredhawk 09-05-2010 07:09 PM

if i had to pay 7.00 to 9.00 for fabric i would have to do without.

aussie croydon 09-06-2010 01:23 AM

Here in Australia it is normal to pay anything between $20.00 to $26.00 a metre. I have a look at the fabrics that I like here then I google the fabric online and normally with postage pay around $10.00 US a yard instead. So it is a much cheaper option for me.

grannie cheechee 09-06-2010 03:25 AM

I've paid $9.00 or more at QS. If I'm on vacation with or without DH, and I like what I see I'll buy it. Usually with Joann's coupons I can get some pretty good fabric, not the thin see through if I watch it. If its for kids i really hate to pay the QS prices. The kids crry them around which is what they should do, and when they wear out I make them more with a better grade of material.

Karyn 09-06-2010 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by ganny
Does everyone pay over $9/yd for material? I must be cheap. Have never paid that much but then I've never been in a quilt shop either.

I have a couple of times, but try to do it on our sewing club day so I get 10% off that price. I try to shop for cheaper prices also.