Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does your LQS have a "frequent shopper program"? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-your-lqs-have-%22frequent-shopper-program%22-t110378.html)

irishrose 03-24-2011 03:52 PM

A punch card worth $10 when $150 worth of spaces are filled. Less than 7%, but it's a nice gesture. Of course, I participate.

Dolphyngyrl 03-24-2011 03:53 PM

Mine gives you points for every dollar you spend, once you reach a certain point, you get a gift certificate, just got one for 25 dollars a couple months ago

Lori S 03-24-2011 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Lori, don't they even have a clearance section?

I would think that every store, everywhere, has to have a clearance section. Otherwise, it would mean that their buyer always made PERFECT decisions! Gee, but that would be hard to do...

One has a very small section ( 10 -15 bolts for 25% off and they are particulary how shalll I say ... "Un- wanted" ) the other cuts them into fat quarters and sticks a "stinker" in into a bundle. The same has 2.5 strips they sell for .60.

thimblebug6000 03-24-2011 04:08 PM

At one store you purchase a card for $3.50 & each time you purchase over $5 of fabric you get your card punched & when it's full you get $25 worth of product.
Unfortunately I also have 2 cards... for shops that have closed before I was able to fill the cards.
We have a new little fabric shop in town....not strictly quilt fabrics, but a good selection & will take requests & if you sign up for their newsletter you get 10% off fabric purchases... just signed up last week, so looking forward to spending some more $$ in town.

thimblebug6000 03-24-2011 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S
I have two LQS both about the same distance from my house. Niether has a frequent shopping program. And neither ever has a sale of any kind.
One of them the prices are up to 12.75 for most batiks and the Kaufman fabrics.
I do find it a bit of a "stone in my shoe" that after the years of patronage there is never any ... customer appreciation in the form a sale or program.... or even random act of appreciation. I have spent big $$$. So as much as I would like to support my LQS ... I have taken to the internet for a significant amount of purchases.
I am sure one of these days the owner(s) will see me in the store and comment "gee , its been awhile" . At which point I will tell them .. after all the years of purchases .... why do I still just feel like only a wallet when I walk -in.

Be thankful for small mercies (sp???) we pay approx. $16.95/meter for our batiks.

Rachelcb80 03-24-2011 04:31 PM

My quilt shop has a punch card that's filled when $200 is spent. At that point you get a $20 store credit on your next purchase. I think 10% back is pretty generous.

They have a clearance section with quite a few bolts of fabric that have gotten old. It used to be 30% off but I noticed the other day it was five something a yard now instead of being a percentage off the original price.

Not often are there advertised sales but I've never been a good sale shopper anyways. I buy when I know what I need. I have a hard time buying just because something is less money at the moment. :)

QuiltnNan 03-24-2011 04:35 PM

ours gives a discount to members of the quilt guild

Painiacs 03-24-2011 04:37 PM

Both have pinch cards plus one does stuff on your birthday week. Gets dangerous!!

gaigai 03-24-2011 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
How does it work?

Do you participate in it?

Yes it does, and absolutely! For every $500.00 you spend, you get a gift certificate for $50.00. So, you get 10% back. I've gotten two so far and am halfway to my third. I love it!!

The owners have a box of file cards with your name & info on it, and every purchase amount gets written on your card (sans sales tax).

Jennifer22206 03-24-2011 04:39 PM

The one very LQS to me does not have any reward program. They also charge $3-4 for a FQ, and their fabrics are easily 12-15$ a yard. Batiks are pushing $20, and they're all the same ones I can get online for about 8-10$ a yard.

The one not so LQS to me does do a reward program, but you have to spend 250$ in a 3 month period to get 10% off your next purchase of 50$ or more.

I don't participate in either.

The one I do participate in in fabric.com's points.