Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does your LQS have a "frequent shopper program"? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-your-lqs-have-%22frequent-shopper-program%22-t110378.html)

sharkee 03-24-2011 06:15 PM

Mine gives quild members 10% off every purchase and if your not a guild member you get a $20 store credit after you spend $200 (excluding sale items). Then they usually have a pajama party every year and they have different things on sale plus you get to enter a drawing for 1.wearing your pj's, 2. curlers in your hair, 3. if you have face cream on, 4. if you have a house coat, they also offer a 15% discount on all class supplies that you purchase. They also have a couple sale racks that are anywhere from 10% -40% off and if you finish the bolt you get 50% off.

lovestosew 03-24-2011 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S
I have two LQS both about the same distance from my house. Niether has a frequent shopping program. And neither ever has a sale of any kind.
One of them the prices are up to 12.75 for most batiks and the Kaufman fabrics.
I do find it a bit of a "stone in my shoe" that after the years of patronage there is never any ... customer appreciation in the form a sale or program.... or even random act of appreciation. I have spent big $$$. So as much as I would like to support my LQS ... I have taken to the internet for a significant amount of purchases.
I am sure one of these days the owner(s) will see me in the store and comment "gee , its been awhile" . At which point I will tell them .. after all the years of purchases .... why do I still just feel like only a wallet when I walk -in.

This sounds like the one that is close to me. Never ANY sales, and never willing to help. They do have a punch card but you need to spend about $275 to get $15 back. I've gone in there looking for a specific fabric, and get "you can look around, not sure if we still have any" Haven't been there in over a year, and will probably never go back. I drive about 40 minutes to get to another LQS, but they are the total opposite of the one close to me.

brenda21 03-24-2011 07:23 PM

we have punch card that gets punched for every ten dollars you spend. when you get to a hundred dollars you get 10.00 off your next purchase.

DeeBooper 03-25-2011 03:20 AM

In one of my local quilt shops you can buy 9 yards of fabric and get the 10th free. You have to have a card punched for each yard. After the card is full (I think there are about 50 yards you can punch) you can get 20% off on one order. Also, the Thursday after the quilt guild meets (they meet on Tuesday),you can get 10% off if you are a member.

OmaForFour 03-25-2011 03:25 AM

Mine has various promotions each month. This month it is 40 pct off on a second item in a category, ie., notions.

We had a 30 pct off for both you and a friend if you brought a friend with you who bought something.

We also had a little gamble game thing whereby you hit the play game piece to get a number (don't remember what it was called), got a # from 1 to 6 which would then equal from 10 to 60 pct off your purchase for the day.

She also always gives 15 pct off if you are a guild member ANYWHERE. Just tell her.

She will have a different promo each month of the year. I love it.

ckcowl 03-25-2011 04:07 AM

one of ours has (punch cards) with $5, $10 and $20 spots to have punched (takes $250 to fill the card)
when full you turn it in for $30 free shopping.
i have joined a couple on-line programs that work about the same...spend a certain amount (they keep track) and when you reach a certain $ amount you get a gift certificate for either $25 or $30.

BMP 03-25-2011 04:14 AM

Filled punch card gets $20 free. Each $5 worth of purchase gets a punch. A filled card is $250. They wont punch your card for sale items or specials.

taciage 03-25-2011 04:17 AM

Ours has two programs...a stamp for every $10 spent and when the card is filled it's worth $25 on batting fabric, patterns and books ( equal to 10% but banked and spent in one shot)
The second is 20% if you sign up for the birthday club-- no charge-- BUT if you come shopping with 4 friends, the birthday person gets a gift package and a discount equat to 1/2 of their age, the 4 guests get a token gift and 15% off their purchases!

The shop loves celebrations!

cowpie2 03-25-2011 04:18 AM

Mine keeps track on their computer, once you sign up for their email list they track all your purchases and when you hit the magic number you get a 20% off coupon good anytime, along with other special deals throughout the year.

Annaquilts 03-25-2011 04:23 AM

Yes, a little card that you get credit on for buying none sale items. Once it is full you get 10% off your bill. Yes, I definitely participate.