Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   doesn"t pay attention. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/doesn%22t-pay-attention-t87392.html)

mayday 01-07-2011 01:06 AM

Don't do it ------CULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I inherited something like this, rather a nightmare to sort.

lisalovesquilting 01-07-2011 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I don't even have 1 room, I have a corner in my livingroom and your whinning about running out of space!!!! I dream of the day I have your problem. LOL!!

I understand. For years I didn't sew at all because of no room. When my kids were little it was too much bother to drag it out and put it away all the time. Kitchen table was the only place I would have had and of course we used it every day. But your time will come. Now I am retired, just me and dh and I took over youngest son's bedroom. Now I can leave things as messy as I want! ;-)

Rainy Day 01-07-2011 02:34 AM

Oh, well, they say Nature abhors a vacuum. I guess you are just following your nature?

clair 01-07-2011 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by clair
First let me say i'am upset, all my own fault. I live in a two story house and my sewing rooms' are all up stairs. I can't have over night guest cause I've taken down all the beds (more room for fabric). So now I'am out of room again. A sane person would realize that four bed rooms was enuf for storage and a few sewing machines ,right. Well I've spent all day trying to find more room up there, Then it hit me , the dinning room down stairs. well I thought if I start slow , with maybe one machine my hb wouldn' t notice. He never notices anything else, so I slip carefully down with my fw . He' reading so I know he won't pay any attention, I get almost to the table when he says "rum out of room". darn . now what? No I won't let any of my dear friends out of the house.... Thanks for being here just needed tovent. Back I go up stairs.

after reading all your strings it made me feel guilty then I read further and there are lots of you who are just like me. My basic problem is I've never met a piece of fabric that I didn"t. love.!!!!! No I'am not a hoarder my down stairs is as neat as a pin, and it will stay that way, it will, it will , it will.

vic 01-08-2011 11:38 AM

I'm with CJ. I have a one bedroom apt and my sewing room is in two corners of the bedroom. Not alot of space.

Rann 01-08-2011 12:28 PM

2 of my 3 bedrooms are 9 x 10. The "master" is only 10 x 10. One of the extras is my office with computers, filing cabinets, printers, an office desk, so it is full. The 3rd bedroom is going to be made into my sewing room. I am 6' tall so most surfaces are too low for me to use to cut and baste. I have an antique wrought iron baby bed that I am trying to figure out how to make a cutting board for the top. I am emptying the closet to put shelves in for the fabric, etc. Now, just to get it done!!! I'd rather close in the carport but that has to wait.