Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which Eleanor Burns book to buy? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eleanor-burns-book-buy-t151365.html)

mariebaker 09-09-2011 06:25 PM

I have both the video and the book for egg money quilts-
the projects are written w/ the idea that you have her specialty rulers.

Ceil 09-09-2011 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by mariebaker
I have both the video and the book for egg money quilts-
the projects are written w/ the idea that you have her specialty rulers.

Thanks for that. I'm gathering that some of the books include her rulers but it's good to know that some books require additional outlays for rulers.

chuckbere15 09-09-2011 09:10 PM

I just used her book on the Night and Day block. Has several different variations and additional patterns for the scraps.

I have two others that I haven't touched yet, but I'm sure they will be easy to follow with positive results.

teacherbailey 09-10-2011 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by chuckbere15
I just used her book on the Night and Day block. Has several different variations and additional patterns for the scraps.

I have two others that I haven't touched yet, but I'm sure they will be easy to follow with positive results.

I'm currently making a scrappy Night and Day (no directions in the book) and each two blocks takes 1/3 yard of two fabrics. Lots of scraps left, as you know!

justlooking 09-10-2011 03:25 AM

Christmas at Bear Paw Ranch sounds good, I'm going to look for that book.

justlooking 09-10-2011 03:26 AM

Christmas at Bear Paw Ranch sounds good, I'm going to look for that book.

Annaquilts 09-10-2011 03:41 AM

I was at the San Deigo quilt show and she said her old original book, signed copy, recently went for $2500 on ebay. Hold onto that one.

Originally Posted by sew1096
I'd say buy all of them! :lol: I buy her books as soon as I can.

I taught myself to quilt with her very first book "Log Cabin in a Day." It has hand drawn pictures and is in black & white. I still have it.

mloquilts 09-10-2011 01:37 PM

I agree that her quilt books are great. One thing I really like about her quilt patterns is that when you cut your strips or blocks they are cut a tad larger than necessary & then when you join the pieces you trim the blocks to the right size. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have a problem cutting & sewing absolutely accurately. Her methods make it a lot easier to end up with the right size blocks.
JMHO.

Ceil 09-10-2011 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by mloquilts
I agree that her quilt books are great. One thing I really like about her quilt patterns is that when you cut your strips or blocks they are cut a tad larger than necessary & then when you join the pieces you trim the blocks to the right size. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have a problem cutting & sewing absolutely accurately. Her methods make it a lot easier to end up with the right size blocks.
JMHO.

Then this is definitely what I need. My biggest problem (many, but the biggest) is that my blocks don't always come up to size. I've checked my machine for the 1/4 inch seam and that's fine, so maybe her techniques will offer the solution.

Janice Thompson 09-15-2011 03:18 PM

I have many of her books. I like "QUILTS THROUGH THE SEASONS"