Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which Eleanor Burns book to buy? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eleanor-burns-book-buy-t151365.html)

Ceil 09-09-2011 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by suezq
I am also in your category, a newbie. I love many of her books and I think that Egg Money and Log Cabin are great books to have and use for years to come. They are relatively simple. Don't buy them in the store. Go online to a fantastic site called Better World Bookis, whose prices cannot be beat. I have bought so many books from them and the shipping is free. At the same time you are helping literacy around the world. You can compaire the prices and will see for yourself. I have bought used books and when I got them they looked brand new.
HAPPY QUILTING.

Thanks for that site. The Egg Money book has been mentioned before but it looks like applique to me and I'm not quite ready for that!

Ceil 09-09-2011 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by peajay
Elenor has her books ranked by beginner, intermediate,applique, sampler, etc. If you look at one of her books in a quilt shop the back inside cover has a list of her titles and they are ranked by difficulty level. I saw the list in one of my books titled Block Party Series:Quilter's Almanac

That's very helpful, thank you!

Dianne1 09-09-2011 07:03 AM

Star Log Cabin Quilt and Applique in a Day.

Annaquilts 09-09-2011 07:05 AM

Her log cabin book and then one with many different blocks like the Underground Rail Road or Egg Money book. I started quilting at quilt in a day and the Log Cabin Book is what they start people off on. I still use that book. It is great!

Linda K. 09-09-2011 07:49 AM

I recently bought two of EB's books from her e-store. It was a freight damaged sale. It was only $14.00 for both. I could not find anything wrong with the books. They looked like they were brand new.

Any of her books or patterns are very, very, good.

grannypat7925 09-09-2011 08:49 AM

Quilts for All Seasons

Kappy 09-09-2011 09:04 AM

I started quilting years ago with her Log Cabin and enjoyed it, I recently purchased her Quick Trip Quilts book, it still looks very step by stepish! She teaches children to quilt and tends to carry that technique over into her videos, she's very enthusiastic! LOL

greenini 09-09-2011 09:58 AM

i can't count how many quilts i made from her log cabin book. my binding is just shattered from keeping it open on my quilting table page by page. there is enough difference in color schemes and block placements so they don't all look the same...and i love that she takes you by the hand to the extent that she will say, you are done with that fabric get it out of your sewing area!!

i have brain problems too and i must have have referred to that book every ten mins because i couldn't keep it in my head longer then that...but all my quilts came out just fine, and the winter quilt on our bed is a king size one made from her log cabin book.

just went to her website and also realized I'd done her flying geese and while the geese came out perfect much to my surprise i don't really want to do another....

manley 09-09-2011 10:03 AM

Love Eleanor Burns also. Have the log cabin one, Egg money quilts is my favorite, have the butterfly/fan book. Good ones.

smagruder 09-09-2011 10:11 AM

I agree with Charismah....Still stripping after 25 years is a great book and teaches you how to strip quilt, which makes putting your blocks together so much easier.