Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Eleanor Burns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eleanor-burns-t164247.html)

grammypat 10-30-2011 04:35 PM

I like her a lot. I have taken classes with her. She is very nice and is always so friendly. Her patterns are very easy to understand. I have several of her books. If you ever have a chance to take a class from her, I know you will enjoy it.

TexasSunshine 10-30-2011 05:11 PM

I love Eleanor Burns and like to watch her videos also. Years ago I took a class her sister Patty taught at a LQS for Amish Quilt in a Day. She made it very simple. I enjoy her book Egg Money Quilts.

arizonagirl 10-30-2011 05:22 PM

Eleanor Burns is an amazing woman. She raised her sons as a single mom and built her quilting empire at the same time. I have 2 of her books: Still Stripping and Day and Night. They are very easy to understand and follow along with. I am currently putting the last 2 borders on my black and orange Day and Night quilt that I am making for my son. This is the first quilt that I have been able to perfect the 1/4 seam. I hope to one day be lucky enough to meet her.

Greeter Eva 10-30-2011 06:02 PM

I like every thing about her, & yes I have learned some history from her. I have some of her books, & I have made the "Underground Railroad" quilt, which I really enjoyed.
I wish someday I can meet her in person.

Digitizingqueen 10-30-2011 06:21 PM

She is awesome - love her patterns lover her tv lessons - others call her the annoying quilting lady but she so grows on you she is one of my regular quilting friends I just have never met her in person...

seasaw2mch 10-30-2011 06:46 PM

I just learned who she is when one of our members posted a YouTube video of her. I watched that video and fell in love with not only the quilt she was making (Trip around the world) but with her relaxed style. She is a trip to watch. I have not bought any of her books yet but do plan to do so when I can afford to. I don't know much about her history but I'm sure she's one heck of a great person to know.

Wonnie 10-30-2011 06:58 PM

I'm on this board today because of Eleanor Burns and the first printing of her "Log Cabin Quilt" which I completed in two days and I've been quilting ever since.

Ginknee309 10-30-2011 07:12 PM

Because of "El" (as she is known) I have been working on a vintage quilt. I enjoy all her books and the stories she tells on her show. I have met her twice in Des Moines at the AQS shows (on one of the occasions I saw her several times over 2 days). I got to participate in one of her skits during one of her lectures. She is so charming and sweet. Her family is wonderful too!

Gerbie 10-30-2011 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by jean1941
Her Log Cabin in a Day seems to be one of the easiest patterns I have read. I have going on a retreat in a few days and I am going to make the lap size

Jean I have that book, I purchased it several years ago. I find it so easy to follow. I have made several log cabin quilts using her methods in the book and they really do go quite quickly. I am finishing up a quilt currently for DH for Christmas that is not exactly a traditional log cabin, but I have used her piecing methods to put this one together. I know you will enjoy making yours. Be sure to post a pic. Have fun!!

PKITTY1 10-30-2011 07:48 PM

I love Eleanor Burns. I like her quilts despite the history lessons she provides and would make them regardless. That being written, I have to say that I like her history lessons and personal reflections during her shows. I understand where she has been and it makes me respect her even more.