Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Erik's Dinosaur Quilt. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eriks-dinosaur-quilt-t14392.html)

Bill'sBonBon 12-13-2008 04:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Erik is my 7 yr. old GreatGrandSon. He ask me in July if I would make him a quilt with Dinosaurs. Not baby stuff but real ones. :shock: OH MY GOSH!,What a big order. So I thought,and Thought ( Sometimes really,really hard for me) I ponderd this for a couple of Months. :shock: Then I heard about the Crayon quilts. So this is my first one. It is on colored material,didn't want to use white muslim, because He told me he wanted Blue,Green,yellow in his quilt. I complied. After all he was very serious about the whole thing. No,baby,cartoon dinos, But I did put them on the Back. :lol: :lol: :lol: I wish I could see his face when he sees this. He is a military kid. His dad will be deployed in Jan. to Iraq.
His Grandmother,and Stepgrandfather are holding up the quilt,although you can't see them. :roll:
Bill'sBonBon

Dawn Hendrix 12-13-2008 04:46 PM

FABULOUS!!!! You really did a GREAT job!

farscapegal 12-13-2008 04:51 PM

That is really nice.

Sybil

Izy 12-13-2008 04:54 PM

Oh how super is this!! Erik is bound to be over the moon with joy when he sees this!! :D

I have just been reading up about using crayons to draw on the fabric, then you iron it to set the colour, is this how you made yours??

sewjoyce 12-13-2008 05:05 PM

Erik is just going to love this!!!! Even the back --- LOL!!!

Bill'sBonBon 12-13-2008 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
Oh how super is this!! Erik is bound to be over the moon with joy when he sees this!! :D

I have just been reading up about using crayons to draw on the fabric, then you iron it to set the colour, is this how you made yours??

Yes Izy that is how I made it. It is somewhat time consuming and the colors are Brighter on white muslim. I am now sandwiching another G.Grd.Daughter,4yr.old Keyli's quilt of TinkerBell & fairies and Pixies. I will post when done. I also outlined the dinos with Black thread. It made them standout almost 3d.
Bill'sBonBon

Jim's Gem 12-13-2008 05:08 PM

The quilt looks great!! I'm sure he will love it.!!

beachlady 12-13-2008 05:45 PM

That looks like a labor of love and hard work. Erik will love it.

sewsewquilter 12-13-2008 05:46 PM

You did a wonderful quilt to meet your great grandsons request. He is going to be over the moon.

Izy wrote:

Bill'sBonBon wrote:
Yes Izy that is how I made it. It is somewhat time consuming and the colors are Brighter on white muslim. I am now sandwiching another G.Grd.Daughter,4yr.old Keyli's quilt of TinkerBell & fairies and Pixies. I will post when done. I also outlined the dinos with Black thread. It made them standout almost 3d.

I'm I reading this correctly? You drew a picture on fabric with crayons, then ironed it to set it into the fabric.?

That is so neat!

Izy 12-13-2008 06:21 PM

Ohhh I am so gonna put a great big box of crayons on my xmas pressie list, can't wait to try this, thanks for the heads up :D