Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ever have "one of those" quilts that you can't wait to finish? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ever-have-one-those-quilts-you-cant-wait-finish-t195228.html)

AshleyR 07-21-2012 03:12 AM

Can you starch the pieces to make them easier to work with?

donnalynett 07-21-2012 12:44 PM

Yep. My step-daughter asked me to make her a queen size T-shirt quilt. She's a fantastic woman and I love her so much but had I known in advance what a chore it was going to turn into........I'm almost done quilting it on my domestic sewing machine and I am not proud of how it is turning out.

tngal22 07-21-2012 07:56 PM

I still have not bought the batting. I think I am puttng it off because I really don't want to mess with it. lol

teddysmom 07-22-2012 02:48 AM

Yes, I just finished one like that. Hated it once I started putting all the square together. It was a sampler, hated the colors. My DD thought it was pretty but she and I have different tastes in fabrics. Finally finished it and gave it to my son (bless his heart because now he has to look at it). Am piecing one now from a kit I got at Connecting Threads. It's a joy to work on and love the colors. It's for my granddaughter who is in law school in NYC.

nannya54 07-22-2012 04:51 AM

Just finished 180 snow balls. Took me forever since I was soooo bored! Never again.

Pattylynn 07-22-2012 05:18 AM

I am working on one right now that I have decided that I MUST finish before starting on the next. Everything that could go wrong, has, and now all that is left is the binding. I don't do binding well at all....in fact I am so intimidated by it, that I set aside completed quilts for months before attempting to bind them, and then when I do attempt to bind them I screw it all up and it puckers and looks bad. I need to attend a class on binding I guess !!

Sewnoma 07-22-2012 05:31 AM

I have one of "those" quilts going right now!! It's actually my first pieced top - I had to "go big" and make it a king size, and I made so many mistakes on it, that I really just don't even want to work on it. So it and its backing fabric just sits there all folded up and making faces at me while I work on other stuff.

nuevaquilter 07-22-2012 06:21 AM

Oh, good! I'm not the only one! I now have final stitching of binding on one quilt; another basted for quilting; a Farmer's Wife quilt-along; a block-of-the month; a couple of purchased kits; pattern and uncut fabric for two more; and a couple of hundred 2" squares next to my design board for a mosaic quilt that I designed. Ack!

tngal22 07-22-2012 07:12 AM

So glad I am not alone! I really should finish it but I have no motivation to. lol

Maybe I will make a shirt for my DD first...then something else. lol I will get to it, eventually.

SunlitenSmiles 07-22-2012 07:31 AM

know what you are saying about moda jellyrolls.....had two of the same line and fabric from the same line that I bought off a bolt......no comparison, so dissappointed when I opened those jellyrolls, very inferior fabric, the top piecing is finished but may never be quilted....sooooo sad and aggravated, probably will never buy moda again.:thumbdown: