Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric from Connecting Threads (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-connecting-threads-t189813.html)

QuiltingCrazie 05-23-2012 10:18 PM

Peckish I was going to ask the same question...lol If it's the front try the back. I have some yardage sitting here for the backs of a couple quilts I haven't ironed them yet though!

chrisvdh 05-24-2012 02:36 AM

I always have a spray bottle handy w/ just water in it ... sometimes that helps, just to dampen the fabric first.

eparys 05-24-2012 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 5238946)
Do you have the same problem if you iron the back side of the fabric?

Most of the fabric that I have purchased from them was great - however I had a red with white that I had this problem with - I either used a cooler iron or ironed from the back and it was fine - you could also use a damp pressing cloth.

Tweety2911 05-24-2012 04:32 AM

Customer Service is great at Connecting Threads. Call them and report your problem. I am sure they can help you.

qwkslver 05-24-2012 04:52 AM

I have several pieces of the mirage. I never had any problem with mine. Maybe wash it one more time?

craftychick 05-24-2012 01:48 PM

I bought a brown Mirage from Connecting Threads and washed it because it became a sofa throw. I also felt resistance from the iron while ironing it. I keep my iron on the cotton setting but turned it down for this fabric and then it worked fine. Hope this helps.

Annaquilts 05-24-2012 01:57 PM

I have had some issues too. Mostly with color changes after washing and or ironning, the feel of fabric, stretching of fabric when ironning, especially after washing. Overal I like the fabric and some of it I love. Maybe you can use a little spray starch when ironing?

peaceandjoy 05-24-2012 02:39 PM

Although I've read of many very happy CT customers, I no longer place orders through them. I only ordered once; a kit for a tote in blue and brown, it had a star appliqued on it, but that's about all I remember. There were probably 8 or so different fabrics in the kit and, although it was 100% cotton, several of them felt more like polyester or a blend.

I'm fortunate to be able to buy from a couple of local Menonite stores for the same prices as CT offers, so if I'm looking for a good deal, I'll go there first. I also order from sale or clearance selections of other websites, and get fabrics from manufacturers that I've not had problems with.

It's another of those things that can make us happy for variety - some like CT, some don't and we can all do as we like because there are so many options.

sew_southern 05-24-2012 05:26 PM

I've ordered from them a few times, never had any problems. Some of their fabrics leave a lot of lint in my sewing machine. Some of it doesn't feel like 100% cotton, they claim it is though and it sews and washes fine.

luci4 05-25-2012 03:35 AM

I have never had a problem with CT fabrics.