Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric from Connecting Threads (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-connecting-threads-t189813.html)

Tammi M 05-23-2012 12:51 PM

Fabric from Connecting Threads

I read the posts nearly every day and notice that a lot of you mention buying fabric from Connecting Threads, so I decided I had to try it. The price was great, and the quality of the fabric seems great too, but I have had a hard time ironing some of it. I purchased some pieces from their Mirage section, and washed it because it felt stiff and starchy. When I go to iron the fabric, it seems like such a hard job because my iron does not want to smoothly glide over the fabric-just like it has some funny finish on it. Some of the colors are fine, though, so I don't know why some are that way. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what did you do about it?
I don't post much-I'm just happy to read about everyone else's accomplishments and what lessons they have learned that I can apply to my quiliting!

ShabbyTabby 05-23-2012 12:56 PM

I use their fabrics all the time and have never had that problem. Sorry I can't answer the problem, but just wanted you to know that I do use them often

katiebear1 05-23-2012 01:06 PM

Maybe your iron needs to be cleaned.. I lightly use an sos pad. Make sure you rinse well and dry well.

sahm4605 05-23-2012 01:08 PM

I have never ordered the mirage fabric from them but all the batiks I have gotten have worked out really great actually and the only time I have trouble with ironing is when the iron isn't very hot yet. that might be the problem. good luck.

BellaBoo 05-23-2012 01:18 PM

I have the samplers of the Mirage line. I've never iron them except when pressing the block that I used some for block pieces. I didn't notice any bad feel to the fabric. I didn't notice any stiffness but more of a firm polish feeling like batiks.

dunster 05-23-2012 01:31 PM

Yes, I would suspect that it's your iron rather than the fabric. I also have some of that line and had no problems pressing it.

babyfireo4 05-23-2012 01:34 PM

I've only used the batik's so far, more have been bought but still waiting on a muse to hit with an idea, never had any trouble either though. I love shopping at CT :)

KarenR 05-23-2012 01:42 PM

I've never ordered from them. Can you call the company and explain the problem. They may be able to help you.

jcrow 05-23-2012 01:55 PM

I've had problems with Connecting Threads fabric too. My iron was pushing the fabric around and making a mess. It wasn't my iron because I tried it on some other fabric and it worked fine. I just stuck the CT fabric away and thought I got a bad batch. Never thought about telling them. Maybe I should have.

virtualbernie 05-23-2012 02:22 PM

There was a thread quite awhile ago about Connecting Threads fabric. I don't know how to explain it except to say a few of their fabrics seems to have a "painted" on finish/design--not many but a few. Some liked it, some did not (I was one that did not and haven't bought fabric from there anymore because you can't tell online whether it has it or not). This may be your problem.