Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric fabric fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-fabric-fabric-t211671.html)

Mama Clem 01-23-2013 04:03 AM

I like to feel the fabric when buying for quilts. I have some local favorite shops The Quilt Patch and G Street Fabrics. I do have a store that is a little farther from home but worth the drive. It's called Webfabrics. I do order online from them because I know the quality of their fabrics but I treat myself to a field trip every so often.

Rivercity 01-23-2013 04:03 AM

Most often online is eQuilter and I have ordered from Fabric Depot and Thousands of Bolts. In person, Country Sewing Center in Elk Grove, Thistle Dew in Fair Oaks, and Quilter's Corner, Sacramento. I'm happy with all of them. :)

kteall 01-23-2013 04:45 AM

LQS and Fabric.com. Best deals and fabulous customer service. Free shipping on orders over $35.

nygal 01-23-2013 05:03 AM

My favorite places are Joann Fabrics where I can go in person, online I shop at Connecting Threads, Equilter, Handcock of Paducah and Keepsake Quilting. Those are my favorites.

Scakes 01-23-2013 05:26 AM

Where ever I see fabric I like - LQS, Hobby Lobby, Hancocks, Joanns, yard sales, thrift stores, online. Most of the LQS have closed around here but there is a great store called A & E in Pensacola, FL that is half drug store and half fabric and they have a wonderful selection of sewing and quilting items. When we are traveling, I watch for quilt/fabric shops and they make nice break time stops.

GammaLou 01-23-2013 05:43 AM

From my LQS's, Joanns, estate and garage sales. I have not purchased fabric on-line yet, but have thought about it. I really would hate to see my LQS's go out of business!!

DeAnne-Mn. 01-23-2013 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer (Post 5804882)
Just found this shop, great prices, QS quality, great sales, (5.00 yd.) and right now $5.00 shipping on all domestic. Whittles Fabrics. Great Shop!!

Thank you for sharing. I just looked at the site and will be going back soon for fabric.

oleganny 01-23-2013 06:43 AM

For health reasons, it is difficult for me to go shopping & I would love to be able to shop online, but when I see that the cost of online fabric is more than my LQS, I just can't make myself pay it. Fortunatel;y my closest LQS (have been shopping there for close to 40 years) is so client friendly. I can call & ask if they have a certain fabric, tell them wht I want, & if I have a specific project in mind, I can tell them how much of co-ordinating fabrc (lgt/med/dk) I need & they will pick for me - my DD can go in, make the final decision, & pick it up for me. I also like her FQ policy. Her FQ's are cut from end of bolt, clearance, etc, & are always less than the per yd cost of the fabric. She also has a buyer appreciation card so after you purchase so much, you get a little something free or % off next purchase. She must be doing something right to have been in business for so long & the shop is always busy. Until I can match her service & prices online, I will continue to shop there. The next closest shop is about 20 miles away, but they have also been in business forever & are good to deal with & have excellent sales.

karenpatrick 01-23-2013 07:22 AM

I like Green Fairy Quilts for pre-cuts. All their pre-cuts are on sale all the time and they carry only the well-known manufacturers. Shipping is reasonable and fast.

karenpatrick 01-23-2013 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick (Post 5807402)
I like Green Fairy Quilts for pre-cuts. All their pre-cuts are on sale all the time and they carry only the well-known manufacturers. Shipping is reasonable and fast.

I also like Connecting Threads A LOT.