Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric for men's quilts? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-mens-quilts-t42426.html)

Julie in NM 04-14-2010 03:43 AM

When I need to make a "manly" quilt, I usually do a log cabin. If a light needs to be a floral, there's hardly any in it and doesn't appear to be femine. Just a thought.

Lostn51 04-14-2010 04:16 AM

My Proud Mary quilt has some floral prints in it and a Calico. But its not that noticeable OR maybe not that noticeable to me. But I work with a lot of floral prints when I make quilts anyway.

Billy

puck116 04-14-2010 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Eddie

Eddie, Your first quilt looks like it may have been made with recycled men's shirts. Was it?
No, it's from a collection of wovens (can't remember the maker), but it was made from charm squares that they have. Since then, I've been looking at the shirts in my closet in a whole new way, though. :D

Yeah, I hear you. I do get shirts from the thrift stores and now I'm always eyeing everyones shirts, in line, walking by, etc.

Jo Mama 04-14-2010 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by puck116

Originally Posted by Eddie

Eddie, Your first quilt looks like it may have been made with recycled men's shirts. Was it?
No, it's from a collection of wovens (can't remember the maker), but it was made from charm squares that they have. Since then, I've been looking at the shirts in my closet in a whole new way, though. :D

Yeah, I hear you. I do get shirts from the thrift stores and now I'm always eyeing everyones shirts, in line, walking by, etc.

Oh Oh, you better not carry scissors with you wherever you go.

kittycats 04-14-2010 09:20 AM

MAN QUILTS ARE HARD FOR ME. I HAVE TO GET REALLY OUT OF MY BOX ( FLORALS ETC).

Slow2Sew 04-14-2010 10:11 AM

Eddie's "leather diamonds" quilt is a great design for color and pattern choice for the favorite men in our lives. I hope to copy it someday if he doesn't mind.
I have two sons and two grandsons (we have to import girls into the family!). I think it is harder to find most things for men: fabric, greeting cards, cute clothes for little boys, etc. The one exception is tools and automotive accessories!

Rexene 04-14-2010 10:43 AM

I'm making a log cabin quilt for my son. I don't think it looks girly or maybe that's just me.

Rexene 04-14-2010 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm making a log cabin quilt for my son. I don't think it looks girly or maybe that's just me.

Log Cabin Quilt Block for Son's Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]59382[/ATTACH]

zz-pd 04-14-2010 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rexene

no it dose not look girly, I love your fabric you are using, cant wait to see it done. Penny

Rachel 04-14-2010 01:25 PM

My DH really likes the dark batiks, but that could be cuz' they're also my favorite, so that's all I show him. tee hee