Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-moratorium-t79756.html)

willowwind 12-01-2010 05:06 AM

I tried that, it lasted about a week. Although, in the past 2 weeks my focus has switched from quilting to card making & scrapbook type things. So the fabric purchases have been replaced by scrapbook supply purchases. I'll get back to quilting soon, I have 2 (at least) to finish soon. However, fabric purchases may wait for a couple of months since my stash has once again outgrown my sewing studio.

Cathy S/Willowwind

Renee110 12-01-2010 05:13 AM

Gosh...I could do this easily! My husband has been out of work for over a year and is fixing to lose his benefits, so there won't be ANY purchases here! And since I just started quilting 2 months ago I don't have a "stash"....I just have the material I bought for this one quilt. So I guess I'm on your bandwagon, LOL...

CanadianLoon 12-01-2010 05:36 AM

Wash your mouth out with soap!

P.S. Do you have anyone available who can treat those with Anxiety Disorder as we could have a problem here.?

Julie in NM 12-01-2010 05:39 AM

Sounds like a good plan for me too. BUT have to buy fab for curtains in living room. New furniture. New w/h, new pillows...so need new curtains too. BUT maybe will luck out and find ready made? So, I will join the group. Plan to move in spring so this is a good plan to down size the fabric.

I wish everyone who is taking this challenge good luck but we need to keep in contact to keep on the straing and narrow.

I need a moritorium on books and mags too. So sad. Off to shop my stash for new project since w/h is almost done.

Connie Merritt 12-01-2010 05:41 AM

Okay, you got me. This is not going to be as difficult for me. I live in the country, no close by fabric shops and being a senior and not cost of living again next year; its a snap. Good luck to all of us joined in this endeavor. And we still can purchase items needed to finish projects; Lord knows we have enough of those UFOs.

steelecg 12-01-2010 05:47 AM

I think I am in - I have so many things to work on buying more won't accomplish that goal and since we can still get what we need to finish projects, I think I can handle it

quilt3311 12-01-2010 05:47 AM

I don't think this would work for me. I'm to much of a bargain shopper. For instance Connecting Threads just had a sampler sale for half price---WELL I can't pass that kind of action up and ordered a couple sets of fabric. Do I know what they will be used in? No, but am sure that they will find a home eventually.

Aurora 12-01-2010 05:47 AM

My quilt guild just planned their project calendar for next year and my stash is inadequate. Also I already failed, I purchased fabric yesterday for one of my projects. I have already purchased the books required. Perhaps I could consider that I have 12 WIP's/UFO'S.

What about Secret Pals?

Connie 12-01-2010 05:50 AM

Count me in... I have a house full of fabric..my parents 5 room house WAS empty until I FILLED it with all of my fabric and sewing supplies.

acjacques 12-01-2010 05:56 AM

Unfortunately, if you do give up on buying fabrics, you'd lose out on good sales. It's been rumored that fabric prices will go up, so why not build up the stash now while still affordable? I buy fabrics when they are on sale (not the cheap ones, I always buy known brands), and the pattern/colorways/etc may be out of date a year from now, but it still will be less expensive than holding off the purchase.