Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric Moratorium Update - Feb 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-moratorium-update-feb-2011-a-t95818.html)

quiltinghere 02-07-2011 07:29 AM

I was doing GREAT until EMSGRANNY ***made me*** buy a piece of music fabric from her. It was wonderful and will be used in the 4 quilt tops I make for the high school here.

So *technically* I didn't purchase fabric for **me**. :) :)
I bought it and am donating it out.

37 days done (today's not over yet)- 328 to go...

salmonsweet 02-08-2011 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by SpotMurphy
I have been better because I'm on this board than I would have been on my own. I am breaking a very bad habit. I resisted several books that were calling my name just today.

I kind of wish I had a list reminding me of all the purchases I've resisted since starting this moratorium. Books, dyes, fabrics, more books... I bet it'd make me feel so much better looking through my achievements!!!

Of course I don't enjoy making lists, so... :roll: :-P

The Creative Seamstress 02-08-2011 01:43 PM

This is like the AA of fabric hoarders anonymous, LOL! I probably should have jumped in on this, but I am too weak! Maybe next year...

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress

Lori S 02-08-2011 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S
Well I am onthe edge... I put some items in my shopping cart ( online) . And have till the endof the day to get the discount. ... I am so wanting to hit the button to confirm ... but am holding strong and not completeing the order. But they are beautiful!! All paisley ... my favorite colors too! This is really a good test of my will power.

Well this was a huge accomplishment .. I did not purchase any of the fabrics I had loaded into my on-line shopping cart. I am feeling really strong right now.

salmonsweet 02-08-2011 02:17 PM

Well I am onthe edge... I put some items in my shopping cart ( online) . And have till the endof the day to get the discount. ... I am so wanting to hit the button to confirm ... but am holding strong and not completeing the order. But they are beautiful!! All paisley ... my favorite colors too! This is really a good test of my will power.

Well this was a huge accomplishment .. I did not purchase any of the fabrics I had loaded into my on-line shopping cart. I am feeling really strong right now.

:thumbup:

kateyb 02-11-2011 06:54 AM

Good for you, Lori.
Sometimes it is SO hard to resist. I just think about my current lack of space and that helps.

Julie in NM 02-11-2011 07:40 AM

Shopping my stash to see what I have for a w/h for the living room. Have a feeling I may have to fall off the wagon in order to start/finish the projcet...but I'd only have to buy FQ or half hard. Should be able to bounce right back on the wagon. humph

pattypurple 02-11-2011 06:06 PM

Well I made it to the middle of Feb. I went to WalMart today to get fabrics for a small lap quilt for a friend. She lost her home (and cats) to a fire last weekend. So-that fabric was a necessity. But while I was looking I saw another fabric on clearance that I have no use for but bought it anyway. Guess that's not too bad.

Pat

lclang 02-11-2011 06:36 PM

Walgreens had fleece throws for $1.99 each. They are 40 X 60 inches. They make fine batting for baby quilts and I needed one right now. I did buy six of them because they were such a bargain. That and one charm pack is all I have purchased. Will try not to buy anything next month.

Julie in NM 02-11-2011 07:32 PM

Dug thru my stash and found LOTS of batiks for project. Guess I may not have to go to JAs after all. Whopee...I think?