Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric-Use-Phobia (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-use-phobia-t206566.html)

Rose S. 11-21-2012 03:39 PM

I have a healthy stash of batiks...and every quilt store I go in, I get at least one more. I am really about ready to start cutting.

I will try to make a quilt from the stash and almost always have to buy something...such as a backing. Or fabric for the borders or something.

Edie 11-22-2012 04:11 AM

I have a whole bookcase full of fabrics that I just like to look at. I have a collection of fabric that I have won in the Fab Shop Hop. Those are my prize pieces and I am thinking of making a shop hop quilt, but don't have the heart to cut it.
We are nuts, are we not?????? Sure we are, but I like that kind of nuts! Edie

katesnanna 11-22-2012 04:57 AM

I'm so glad to know other have this affliction. Thought I may have been the only one. Should have known my friend here would also feel this way. Thank you ladies.

JanieH 11-22-2012 05:33 AM

OMG -this describes me to a "T"! Nice to know I am in such good company! Maybe we need a 12 step program!

dart1 11-22-2012 06:08 AM

Yep - I want to keep all my fabric for emergencies - LOL. What little I have! But everyone here has made me realize I MUST have a "stash", so I'm working hard on that. Hmm, how do you know when enough is enough?

Gabrielle's Mimi 11-22-2012 06:22 AM

PaperPrincess, I love that quote, "I am only one yard away from an episode of Hoarders." I am packing up all my quilting stuff and my stash in order to move and I am shocked by the amount. It is all neatly ruler folded but its still a ton of stuff. I am going to try to remember that quote before I buy another piece of fabric. The great news is we are moving to a house with a casita for my quilting! I can't quite believe its finally true! Uh, oh.......does that mean I have room for more stuff?

carolynjo 11-22-2012 06:27 AM

I like the scrapbook idea.

MargeD 11-22-2012 07:26 AM

I confess, I'm a fabric addict too and when I was working I could feed that addiction, however, with a disabled husband and no job, I'm happy that I have my stash (even though I gave away nearly half of it when we had to downsize due to all the medical bills) - the fabric was given to people I trust to use it wisely. I know it will take years to use, having the stash gives me the ability to make gifts of quilted items and I recently had a table at my church's Holiday Fair and sold half of what I brought. Talk about happy dance. I admit to going a little crazy afterwards with my new found "wealth", but after spending almost 5 months in a hospital for surgery and rehab after spinal surgery learning to use my hands again and learning to walk again, I felt I owed it to myself to splurge a little. However, I have to say that nearly 90% of what I purchased was on sale, so I was happy to spend and still save money. All my friends keep telling me how much happier I am since I started quilting again - so another reason for a "stash" I don't need counseling. LOL. Just enjoy and make yourself happy.

heberstitcher 11-22-2012 07:51 AM

well..... all I can say is "I feel your pain"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lena2897 11-22-2012 08:41 AM

Like your machine and happy quilt. I have never seen a machine so unique.