Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric-Use-Phobia (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-use-phobia-t206566.html)

Bataplai 11-22-2012 08:48 AM

I really like this idea - I just don't know if I'm disciplined enough to keep up with it. lol
I'll have to dig out my scrapbooking box from the crawl space and see what I've got.

Bataplai 11-22-2012 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi (Post 5673123)
The great news is we are moving to a house with a casita for my quilting! I can't quite believe its finally true! Uh, oh.......does that mean I have room for more stuff?

So envious ... how awesome!
We have the space in our yard for a casita, but I haven't yet justified the $60-$80k cost of building one for a sewing room. lol

Bataplai 11-22-2012 08:56 AM

Friends, I have an announcement to make: I cut into some of my batiks yesterday!!! I'm actually making something with some of my favorite fabric. I did wince a little with each cut.
I think I just need to start buying 2 yards of every batik. There have been a few times I've used one that I love unexpectedly in a project and then can't find it anymore to replace it.

caspharm 11-22-2012 09:15 AM

It looks like most of us have that problem. I can definitely think of worse problems to have, but I do like ckcowl's idea of a swatch book.

My time 11-22-2012 10:23 AM

Oh thank goodness, I thought it was just me!

slicksister 11-22-2012 10:31 AM

Well I guess I'm the odd man out here. I love cutting into new fabrics! That's what I buy it for. I mostly make controlled scrappy quilts so I rarely buy yardage and I have a respectable stash but the only reason it's not getting used is because I can't quilt/piece fast enough. Not because I don't use it. Do it, ladies! It's very freeing.

Jo Anne B. 11-22-2012 12:30 PM

This fabric bug... I have it, happy to just admire that its mine. and it's beautiful, and I love having it. I have officially put myself on a fabric diet, the one I'll start tomorrow. I love flowers, petite flowers, big flowers. At quilt class they called me "the flower lady" :D

kydeb 11-22-2012 08:06 PM

I too have this disease!! I look at it...take it out....think about using it.....and......then....I......PUT IT BACK!!

LoisM 11-23-2012 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 5671082)
start yourself a (swatch book) -- cut a 6" square from each fabric you love (*or 12") and bind them, or use ribbon, what ever to hold them together - i use a scrap book binder- and keep your lovely fabrics...then you can look through them, touch them, admire them when ever you want-- and use the yardage without fear of never having the fabric to admire again- you can also add 'notes' of the name/line, where it came from, the price...in case you want to go back & find somemore.

That's a great idea. :thumbup:

nstitches4u 11-23-2012 05:15 PM

I can identify with that. lol I have some fabrics that I got in Hawaii a couple of years ago that I can't make myself cut. A lot of them are batiks.