Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fat Quarter Quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fat-quarter-quilt-t63801.html)

Rachel 09-09-2010 10:24 AM

I like Lucky Stars, but haven't made it yet, so not sure how much waste there is.

wesing 09-09-2010 02:06 PM

I have to agree with aqua or teal. I have also been collecting black and white for a "someday" quilt. BTW I'll be watching this thread for pattern suggestions. Anyway, back to the point, one day I was buying some black and white and also a piece of the Blank Quilting Inspiration series, which is teal. It looked great together, but I had no intention of actually putting them together. As I was paying, the cashier went on and on about how great my fabrics were and asking what I was going to make. Just take a few colors (it doesn't even have to be fabric) and lay them beside your blacks & whites and see what you like. Any bright color will look good. Red, Tangerine, Lilac, Yellow, Sky Blue, Fuchsia, Emerald...

Be sure to post a pic.

Darren

IrishNY 09-09-2010 03:42 PM

I'm making a D9P in black and white with jewel colors in the center of each block - aqua, turquoise, purple, yellow, raspberry and royal blue.

krisgray 09-09-2010 04:16 PM

Teal and yellow and certain greens would be good. I have a book called Fat Quarter Fun that has lots of fun patterns in it and nice cutting diagrams- and one of them is shone in black and whites.

Lady Shivesa 09-09-2010 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee
Lime green zings with the black and white if you are looking for something other than red.

Any of the "brights" look good - hot pink, turquoise.

I'll ditto the lime green. I'm dying to make a B&W quilt as well and have just begun my collection of B&W FQs. :) I think whenever I finally get around to making it, I shall use the lime green.

magpiefeather 09-09-2010 04:31 PM

How cool is this? I just bought a bunch of FQ in Black and white and was going to ask the same question!

magpiefeather 09-09-2010 04:48 PM

I typed into search, "black and white". Many many ideas there to inspire.

Melody 09-09-2010 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by IrishNY
I'm making a D9P in black and white with jewel colors in the center of each block - aqua, turquoise, purple, yellow, raspberry and royal blue.

This is my favorite pattern. And I really like your color choices. Thanks for the suggestion!
Melody :D

Lady Shivesa 09-09-2010 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by magpiefeather
I typed into search, "black and white". Many many ideas there to inspire.

Oh my goodness, I searched after seeing your suggestion. I think I'm in love! So many gorgeous patterns and fabrics...*sigh* I can't wait 'til Christmas is over (okay, not really) and I can start on a B&W quilt for meeee. ^_^

LovinMySoldier 09-09-2010 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by magpiefeather
How cool is this? I just bought a bunch of FQ in Black and white and was going to ask the same question!

Sounds like great minds think alike :) Oh my oh my. There are so many choices to choose from. I saw so many beautiful ones with so many different color schemes. So many decisions.

Thank you everyone else for all of the tips and suggestions. All of the ideas sound great. So many to choose from.