Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fat quilts for "fluffy" people (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fat-quilts-%22fluffy%22-people-t68430.html)

wvdek 10-05-2010 09:13 AM

Oh dear, not enough I need to loose the weight but now...
Ok, may be a good incentive to make a quilt for little ole me or is that big ole me? Guess I better weigh myself so I know where I am at. Ugh, think I will go back to schoolwork.

littleone 10-05-2010 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana

Originally Posted by littleone
So my question is: do you remove a block for each pound regained.:>(( I tend to lose 5 to 8 pounds then regain them slowly till I am back to where I started. Such a yo yo I am.

You could add yo-yos to some of your blocks to symbolize your "past" problems. Have faith that with the support of this group that will not be a problem this time. ;-)

Great suggestion, and thanks for the encouragement; will give it a go. Dar

MadQuilter 10-05-2010 09:54 AM

I don't like sewing mini-blocks. lol

littleone 10-05-2010 10:12 AM

Using Truepeace1's line of thinking my block will be the "Broken Sugar Bowl" a 12" block from the Quilterscache. Now to figure out how much material will need to complete the 20 blocks.

sewred 10-05-2010 10:46 AM

I want to do this and my quilt will be huge! I have about 120-125 pounds left to lose!

marymc 10-05-2010 11:08 AM

So my question is: do you remove a block for each pound regained.:>(( I tend to lose 5 to 8 pounds then regain them slowly till I am back to where I started. Such a yo yo I am. All kidding aside waiting to see lots of blocks from the participants

This sounds like me so maybe I will make a "yo-yo" quilt!

lauriejo 10-05-2010 11:17 AM

You guys are such a hoot! The yo-yo quilt is definitely the story of my weight loss, but maybe I'll be optimistic and do a Disappearing 9 patch.

trupeach1 10-05-2010 11:20 AM

[quote=lauriejo maybe I'll be optimistic and do a Disappearing 9 patch.[/quote]

OMG that is a great idea :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now I can't decide what pattern I want.

trupeach1 10-05-2010 11:35 AM

Using Truepeace1's line of thinking my block will be the "Broken Sugar Bowl" a 12" block from the Quilterscache. Now to figure out how much material will need to complete the 20 blocks.

I love it.........I just checked out the pattern and it uses 3 different fabrics. I have yardage of a fabric in my stash that I really like but I never knew what pattern to use. The fabric never matched anything else so it has just sat there. I really like repros and this was more modern. It is pink tulips with little butterflies and sprays of little purple flowers. With using only 3 fabrics I could match it with green and pink both of which I have. The pink is a muslin with a tiny white flower and I have mint green with a white pin dot. I am getting excited. I don't machine quilt so I think what I will do it a quilt as you go. I will make each block and quilt it and sew them together. I will be able to see the quilt grow.

quilter on the eastern edge 10-05-2010 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by sewred
I want to do this and my quilt will be huge! I have about 120-125 pounds left to lose!

I was thinking mine would be big enough to use as a living room carpet! :lol: But I think it's a great idea. I must get my thinking cap on and choose a block and pattern.