Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fat quilts for "fluffy" people (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fat-quilts-%22fluffy%22-people-t68430.html)

Jennifer22206 10-05-2010 01:33 PM

I'm probably going to join in on this! Since March I've gotten rid of 34 pounds.. and I've probably got another 70 to go.. so that's a ton of blocks.

I think I'm just going to make a scrappy quilt in whatever block I feel like at the time. I love sampler quilts.

madelinkk 10-05-2010 01:34 PM

Why not do a sampler quilt. Make a different block each time along with the yo-yos. I'm sure you can think of a lot more blocks that would describe your journey.

thelondonzoo 10-05-2010 02:45 PM

Wow, I'm impressed by the response! lol

I love samplers so that's what I'm going to be making. Whatever I go through or think about or experience while losing the weight, I'll find a block with a name that fits.

You know, I was thinking that someone who is losing weight for their wedding might consider making a double wedding ring quilt. Someone who is trying to lose weight after having a baby might want to make a crib quilt. The possibilities are endless! :D

Oh, and I've got over 100 lbs to lose so that's why I'm making 6" blocks. lol

CoriAmD 10-05-2010 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by littleone
So my question is: do you remove a block for each pound regained.:>(( I tend to lose 5 to 8 pounds then regain them slowly till I am back to where I started. Such a yo yo I am. All kidding aside waiting to see lots of blocks from the participants

Maybe we (you AND I because I do the same thing) should make a YO YO quilt.... ha ha ha :)

gramquilter2 10-05-2010 03:09 PM

Can hardly wait to see everyones Quilt Success.

Jugtavernquilter 10-05-2010 04:54 PM

I'm not doing the weight loss thing but I love the idea of the quilt blocks. I think I will do that. I have about 100 pounds to lose also so let's get sewing!!!

LindaM 10-05-2010 05:04 PM

oooohhhh - I love love love this idea! I really like the blocks that tell a story about the lifestyle change journey too - broken dishes, d9p, etc - I think I'll do a sampler!

VickyS 10-05-2010 05:10 PM

Wow, what a great idea. Count me in - I've got over 100 pounds to get this change of life accomplished. Sounds like disappearing 9 patch is a great idea but I may do a game board quilt. The idea of a quilt reminds me of the "Game of Life" that I used to play as a child (not "Candyland"!!). There is probably some kind of game board type of quilt out there that I could work my way through with sufficient pieces (otherwise I'll be doing a 2" square to keep the size down!).

buffy2 10-05-2010 06:06 PM

I am in on this one. I have lost 12 lbs and would like to lose another 20 lbs. buts needs to lose 40lbs. Maybe I should make 10 in blocks and go for a double quilt. I can always had on and go for a King size. What do you guys think?
Ada

MegsAnn 10-05-2010 06:26 PM

Awesome idea. I'm in. Love the idea of a yo-yo quilt, maybe I'll make one block each month, and sew on however many yo-yo's I need, one per pound. Or I could do that with another kind of applique thing on it. Hmmmmm... choices, choices.